Playercorefactory script not acknowledging my device's factory player
I'm an android set top box enthusiast, and Ive been enduring the well known xbmc playback issue that pertains to certain video file packages, particularly the mkv 1080p. One of the workarounds is to use an external player, which gives you a decent playback with 720p resolution, but still falls short with 1080p.

I couldn't help but notice that all these set top boxes have a factory player apk installed in the system/app dir.. These players playback literally any video format with ease.. The Chinese manufactures arn't lying when they say these unit's are capable of 1080p. I just don't understand why they put xbmc on their packaging when they haven't bothered to modify a version of xbmc that can do what's advertised....Apparently that burden is on the end user...

Ive been trying to use the factory player as an external player but for some reason it's not recognizing it.. When I started digging I noticed one STB uses a odexed apk file, which contains some of the boot properties. I immediately assumed that this was why the PCF was unable to execute the file. After doing some research on how to deodex this apk, I noticed another STB which uses the rockchip processor actually already uses a deodexed apk file... So I immediately began to focus on this file..

The problem I'm having is the PCF is not able to execute this file for some reason...

My question is why, and is there any way for the PCF to execute this file...

Thank you for reading my post...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playercorefactory script not acknowledging my device's factory player1