Tweak to movie info table
I'd like to make a small tweak to the info table for movies when in showcase mode - not the main movie info screen, I mean this area (red box):

Currently, depending on viewtype settings I either get Year or Genre in the middle left spot. I want them both displayed but I don't care about Writer on this screen. So I'd like to have the middle left spot fixed to Year and the top right spot changed to Genre. As far as I can tell, that means I need to edit one or more xml files.

I've spent a fair amount of time looking for the right xml file to edit but it's eluded me so far. Can someone point me to the relevant file(s) and sections(s)?
ok, cause I'm also interested in this, I was looking through some xmls:

your looking for Includes_Viewtypes.xml

there search for
Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(4420),fanart) | StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(4420),fourthumbs)</visible>
(cause you are using the fanart layout)

there are all labels, now you need to find out which label is for the writer.

open C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\language\[yourlang]\strings.po and search for the "Writer" string
now you have the localize number "20417"
now open variables.xml and search the number so it takes you to the variable "FanartPanelDetail2Var"

now back to Includes_Viewtypes.xml:
search for "FanartPanelDetail2Var" here you edit the text.
then search for "FanartPanelValue2Var" and put in $INFO[...] (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels) your INFO label.

I don't know if this is the best way, you break the localization and you could get problems when using the ShowCasView for other ItemTypes...
you could also change the whole variable...

hope this gets you a little bit further

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tweak to movie info table0