• 56(current)
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator
(2014-03-27, 22:58)moneymaker Wrote: @dv505

Probably GitHub, but not anymore for "Free Cable". Take a look at my/our GitHub source. I will provide more information on this weekend.
Ah, a name change. Got it. I'll try to fix the time zone offset and make the individual clips work. Then I'll send a pull request.
Any comments on the coding quality? Do you want to accept a pull request such as this one?
In my opinion the more people who help with this the better. Most of the reasons things aren't done is time, not technical issues.
This will be easier once everything settles down with github, and we go to a single code base. Contributions via source control are much better than passing code around the forums.

The only comments I have on this patch, is that we tend to use simplejson and _common.getURL rather than calling ulrlib directly.
(2014-03-27, 22:19)dv505 Wrote: Here are the files for the beta, same changes applied to the file there. These are not tested, only for syntax, so no idea if they work.
Download patch for beta
Download already patched comedy.py for beta

dv505,

Thanks for the patch. But it did not work for either FreeCableBeta 0.8.1.9 or Beta 0.8.1 (I've tried the already patched comedy.py). Anybody has a chance to test it?

EDITED: my mistake! it works great!
(2014-03-28, 03:44)bodhi Wrote: Thanks for the patch. But it did not work for either FreeCableBeta 0.8.9 or Beta 0.8.1 (I've tried the already patched comedy.py). Anybody has a chance to test it?
Works fine on my beta 0.8.1.9. I'm currently using it to watch Colbert Report.
(2014-03-28, 05:26)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 03:44)bodhi Wrote: Thanks for the patch. But it did not work for either FreeCableBeta 0.8.9 or Beta 0.8.1 (I've tried the already patched comedy.py). Anybody has a chance to test it?
Works fine on my beta 0.8.1.9. I'm currently using it to watch Colbert Report.

Thanks elmerohueso! my bad. It does work great with 0.8.1.9. Watching the Daily Show right now Smile
Need help with this error. XBMC work fine but when i try to see any show or channel it will way script error.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=160281
any help will be appreciated. thanks.
Did anyone else experience the edited version no longer working for the daily show this morning?
(2014-03-27, 22:19)dv505 Wrote: Here are the files for the beta, same changes applied to the file there. These are not tested, only for syntax, so no idea if they work.
Download patch for beta
Download already patched comedy.py for beta

thanks a lot for fixing this!!! great community! great addon!!!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hello, i am having issues with Adult Swim. Playback stops after 5 mn. Thanks for your help. I am using beta 0.8.1.9 on Gotham beta 2.
(2014-03-28, 15:48)rdaltry Wrote: Did anyone else experience the edited version no longer working for the daily show this morning?

funny thing... it was working for me this morning. but now the listing is empty again.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Still works for me. I tested it now mainly on the the USTV VoD plugin, but the basic code is still the same.

Pull request submitted on GitHub. Full episodes and clips are working now, and the air date should be correct, even for different time zones.
Upgrade message

This add-on is no longer being developed (by xbmcplus devs., not BlueCop). Both the stable and unstable (BETA) are not available anymore. "Free Cable" was renamed to "USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)".

Please uninstall the mentioned add-ons and install the new USTV VoD Add-On you can find in the xbmcplus repository.

Some network channels might be not yet available as on Free Cable, but you can still use both of them to watch your favorite shows. If it gives you a script error, then because there is a missing script called script.module.t0mm0.common that's necessary for the appearance of the upgrade message.

The following module must be installed: script.module.t0mm0.common

Please stop publishing in order to keep the message recently.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-05-31, 21:05)slices Wrote: Using a proxy or a vpn you should, I think most of the people working on this are outside of he US, so we have an interest in getting it working this way. I think we few channels work without a proxy or vpn but not many.

Because there's so many different ways of bypassing geolocks some might work with some channels where others won't.

Eye In the Sky has found a few which don't work with a proxy, although this can probably be fixed.

I use an android app called HOLA to give me (im in UK) an American ip address, or if need be, an ip address from pretty any much any country
When I installed this addon, all my Favorite Shows from Free Cable carried over. However, I cannot open these shows in this new plugin. I also cannot delete these shows from my Favorite Shows list. How can I clear this list? Is there a specific file to look for?
So, does this only work with the USTV service now? If not, why did it change the name to that of an existing addon/website? I would check the XBMCPlus site, but it is a PITA to navigate, tiny little box with bouncy elements all over the place.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator7