Is PAUSE supposed to start recording?
I am using Frodo 12.2 with MediaPortal TV Sever 1.3.0
I tried today to pause live TV, I expected to resume from the same point I paused, but when I pressed PLAY again it jumped to the actual time.
Is this the way it is supposed to be? Maybe I miised some configuration in the TV Server app.
No, that is not the expected behavior. Is should continue where you paused it. However, there is one catch: if you pause longer than the max. size of the timeshift buffer, you might end up with a jump forward in time.
Furthermore, I've seen that fast forward after pause sometimes immediately jumps to the end. I don't know why yet...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2013-06-01, 21:19)margro Wrote: No, that is not the expected behavior. Is should continue where you paused it. However, there is one catch: if you pause longer than the max. size of the timeshift buffer, you might end up with a jump forward in time.
Furthermore, I've seen that fast forward after pause sometimes immediately jumps to the end. I don't know why yet...

Do you use MediaPortal as your TV server? If so, is there any flag or setting that should be set to allow XBMC to record while paused?

On a clarification note: You mentioned timeshifting, and it is worth saying that record-while-paused and timeshifting are not the same. The former means that recording actually starts when you press PAUSE, the later means that the system is continuously recording to disk, with a space limit specified by you, so you can go back and see a programme from the beginning if you came home late.
Yes, as developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon, I'm using MediaPortal's TVServer as backend ;-)

MediaPortal's TV Server is continuously recording to disk, (time shifting). The pause button in XBMC does not start a recording. It just stops playback at the XBMC side. The TV Server will continue writing the selected channel to disk. The TV Server is not aware of XBMC's paused state.

There is no addon or TVServerXBMC setting at the moment to start a recording when you press pause. You can use the "record" button to start an instant recording of the current channel.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is PAUSE supposed to start recording?0