Newbie questions
Hi, so I'm very new to Metropolis, and have watched a few demo videos online, and have been browsing the forum, but I am still confused about some of the settings. When I click on Movies from the main menu, I have 3 options, files, playlists, and video addons. Is there anyway to have it automatically scrape movies from an add-on like icefilms or channel1? I've seen on several of the demos that people click on movies and it goes straight to movie selections, is this because these movies are stored on their network? or are they being scraped from an addon or multiple addons?

Also, I was wondering is there a way to have the first screen open to my favorites section, or my most frequently used video addons?

Maybe I've completely missed the thread or something, but is there a thread, or post, that gives a basic set up or introduction on how to use/make Metropolis most user friendly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2013-05-31, 23:52)spicy19 Wrote: Hi, so I'm very new to Metropolis, and have watched a few demo videos online, and have been browsing the forum, but I am still confused about some of the settings. When I click on Movies from the main menu, I have 3 options, files, playlists, and video addons. Is there anyway to have it automatically scrape movies from an add-on like icefilms or channel1? I've seen on several of the demos that people click on movies and it goes straight to movie selections, is this because these movies are stored on their network? or are they being scraped from an addon or multiple addons?

The movies are on the local filesystem or network file share -- they are movies that you own and have copied to your own hard drives. Streaming media from addons are gotten to by going to the addon that provides it. This isn't skin-specific, btw. It works this way for all skins.

By the way, you might want to be careful mentioning such things as icefilms. Piracy is not welcome on the forums here.

(2013-05-31, 23:52)spicy19 Wrote: Also, I was wondering is there a way to have the first screen open to my favorites section, or my most frequently used video addons?

Not currently.

(2013-05-31, 23:52)spicy19 Wrote: Maybe I've completely missed the thread or something, but is there a thread, or post, that gives a basic set up or introduction on how to use/make Metropolis most user friendly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, we hope the default configuration works for most people. Is there something in particular that is confusing you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie questions0