uProcess - automation for uTorrent (extraction, hardlinks and copy)
uProcess
a tiny python post processer for uTorrent

About
I initially made uProcess to be a "learn by doing" project, but has this far been proven a good utility to automate downloads using uTorrent. Feel free to fork me, make changes and what not :-)

The project is located at Github

Features
  • Extract downloaded content - List of supported archives
  • Move, copy or (hard)link files that doesn't need extraction
  • Multi OS compatible (Windows, Linux, OSX)
  • Optionally calls CouchPotato or Sickbbeard when done (for additional post-processing)

Requirements
Good to know
  • For uProcess to be able to send torrents containing movies to CouchPotato or series to Sickbeard you need to match the torrent label you set in CouchPotato/Sickbeard with the one's you set in config.cfg (eg. in Couchpotato you set label to "movie" in the uTorrent downloader, then in the config.cfg under [Couchpotato] where it says label =, make it so: label = movie)
  • Links doesn't work cross partition/hard drive, use the copy or move option instead
  • uProcess ONLY works with uTorrent as its heavily dependant on uTorrents Web UI API

Usage
  1. Make sure you've installed uTorrent and Python correctly
  2. Grab uProcess here
  3. Extract uProcess to any location, in this example C:\Downloaders\uProcess
  4. Setup uTorrent to use Web UI (Options->Preferences->Advanced->Web UI), note down user/password and listening port
  5. Edit the config.cfg file in C:\Downloaders\uProcess to your preferences
  6. Goto uTorrent again, in Options->Preferences->Advanced->Run Program, where it says "run this program when torrent finishes" add: C:\Python27\pythonw.exe C:\Downloaders\uProcess\uProcess.py "%D" "%N" "%I" "%L"
  7. DONE! Wink

Not working!?
  • First off, check the log file located in the uProcess directory (make sure you set debug = true in config.cfg, and then run uProcess again)
  • If that didn't help, create an ticket over at the issue tracker
Just wanted to say thanks for this - I've got it set up as the missing link between CouchPotato/Sickbeard and uTorrent.

Having an issue with it not extracting compressed archives, but looking at the bug tracker on Github it is the issue that it's finding the .r00 file rather than the .rar file. I've just removed .r00 from the list of extensions, and will give it a try when the next thing finishes downloading.
Well, the next one finished downloading, and correctly identified, extracted, moved, notified CP to perform post-processing, removed the compressed files, removed the torrent from uTorrent and the movie ended up in the correct output folder, all whilst I was sleeping Smile

Torrents now work as seamlessly as NZBs do for Sickbeard/CouchPotato, so I'm very happy!

Now I just need to get Headphones configured to work well and actually retrieve a decent copy of the albums when snatching - the last few I've done I've had to re-snatch about 5 times to get a decent torrent file!
Glad to hear you like it :-)

Remember all updates are posted on Github
I'm not too hot on how github works... is there a way to subscribe to updates so I can keep up to date?
(2013-06-30, 23:39)ConfusedTA Wrote: I'm not too hot on how github works... is there a way to subscribe to updates so I can keep up to date?

Star the repo (uProcess), by hiting the star icon up to the right Wink
Awesome, thanks Smile
Thanks for the awesome program. One question though, how do you get SB/CP to set the label when it is added to uTorrent? I don't know if I'm missing something but isn't this a crucial part of how uProcess works (based on the labels of the torrents)?

*EDIT*

Also, is it possible to move/copy/link files for SB to one folder and CP to another?
Hey got the app running doing things pretty well. Can I confirm that this hasn't been ported into Sickbeard as yet?
This looks awesome and I'd like to try it out but the links are dead for me.
I've had this working on my old 2003 server for months, and its great..

Last night I built a 2012 server and moved everything to it, though everything seems right, all I get in the debug log now is

Mar-04 20:19:22 INFO uProcess :: Config loaded: F:\Downloaders\uProcess\config.cfg
Mar-04 20:19:22 ERROR uProcess :: Torrent hash is missing, or an invalid hash value has been passed

any idea on how to fix this issue?

thanks

karl
Updated at https://github.com/jkaberg/rProcess
The latest version on github states that it requires uTorrent 3.0+. I'm still running the previous version with uTorrent 2.2.1. Has anyone tried the latest version with 2.2.1? I'd rather not upgrade uTorrent, but I would like to use the Symlink functionality.

Also regarding symlinks, I've run into issues with hardlinks being locked by uTorrent when actively seeding. Will this still be an issue with symlinks.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uProcess - automation for uTorrent (extraction, hardlinks and copy)1