• 1(current)
MQ5 Features - PLEASE HELP!
Exclamation 
Hi Everyone

Just a quick appeal for all of your help!

As some of you may already know, Marcos has announced that he has begun work on MQ5 Big Grin

The development is in its infancy, and he is kindly giving all of his 'fans' the chance to have their say on which direction the skin should take, and which features should be included.

Due to some issues during this same process under ACE, MQ has taken the decision to hold the forum for these suggestions at xbmcbrasil.net.

While the site is in Brazilian, it is very easy to sign up (with facebook if you prefer), and you can translate the all the text easily with the widget at the bottom of the page.

Alternately, if that doesn’t appeal to you, you can post your suggestion on this thread and I will post them on xbmcbrasil on your behalf.

So far there has been little activity or suggestions from the international forum users, and I know from taking with you all that you all have some great ideas, so hope that you can get them to MQ, and we can make this the best Aeon MQ yet!

******** Update - 30/06/2013 ********

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys.

As Marcos has already mentioned, tomorrow is the release of the alpha build to a limited number of translators and supporters.

To mark this, the team at XBMC Brasil held a special Google hangout where MQ Went through the new features and previewed the skin.

A recording of this has been posted on the XBMC tread I mention abive. I can tell you all now however that even though the skin is till in its infancy, IT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!

Wanilton and myself are making some tutorial/preview videos together over the next few weeks which we will release ASAP.

Please also bear in mind that the skin is still very much being built at this stage, so any suggestions you make could still be included.

Thanks again!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hi Samu-rai,

Thank you for doing this.

My suggestions :
- Make sure all existing features in MQ4 still function in MQ5 (if it isn't broke, don't fix it)
- A tri-panel like view (as seen in NOX) would be very cool
- Please implemented the same high quality support for Rom Collection Browser as in MQ4, but maybe in MQ give the possibility to add more types of artwork in the detail view. And also perhaps the ability to have game logo's (like movie logo's). Oh, and the zoom functions really need to stay in MQ5 (like in MQ4)
- The top screen of the movie section and tv show section could contain an overview of the total amount of movies or tv shows (as seen on the main menu screen)

apart from this, MQ4 is almost perfect to me, so currently I don't have many more suggestions.

Cheers,
Grave
Hi Grave!

Thanks you very much for your prompt reply. I'll post your suggestions over shortly.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Have a full kiosk mode, where a user cannot make any changes to the interface, which includes the info screen (disable any reload/scraping/image changing). I would also like the kiosk mode to allow the search to remain from the top menu (right now it disables the entire top menu). Maybe when kiosk mode is fully enabled, the up button simply brings up a search keyboard interface?

2. Bring back the old info screen from MQ3. I am less fond of MQ4's info screen, as the movie poster isn't as a big and there's a bunch of wasted black space next to it.
Thanks fnwc

Posted both your comments over now.

I definitely second the already suggested things Smile I will have to see if I can come up with anything of my own.
Please request the ability to add Favorites to the main menu.

Additionally what would be cool is if you were able to add not only individual Favorites but the whole favorites category on the main menu - then when you go into it you see all the individual things you have marked as fav.

You kind of have this in MQ3 - not in the main menu but under the sub menus - I dont think there is a way to do this in MQ4 - would be great to get it back and enhanced as described above.
(2013-06-05, 20:21)dugan26 Wrote: Please request the ability to add Favorites to the main menu.

Additionally what would be cool is if you were able to add not only individual Favorites but the whole favorites category on the main menu - then when you go into it you see all the individual things you have marked as fav.

You kind of have this in MQ3 - not in the main menu but under the sub menus - I dont think there is a way to do this in MQ4 - would be great to get it back and enhanced as described above.

It's the very first video...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136337
can you please implement "assign picture to a movie collection in cover flow view". i think that is not possible at the moment...right?
cu
Ability to add more items to the main menu would be great. The sub-menu's small fonts kind of make MQ4's setup kind of a deal breaker for my parents.

Tutotrial or documentation on what the new features are and how to take advantage of them would be fantastic. Going through few hundred page forum post is not fun
(2013-06-08, 18:40)Ashaneil Wrote: Tutotrial or documentation on what the new features are and how to take advantage of them would be fantastic. Going through few hundred page forum post is not fun

good idea...

something like these aeon-nox tutorials by fiona - https://www.youtube.com/user/fional88/videos
cu
IMDB Ratings in low list view similar to Aeon Nox. Preferably as a toggle option so people can choose whether or not to have it. Also adding it to other views as well so that we can see the IMDB ratings of more than just the movie we're moused over (which is how it is in some skins).

This helps me a lot when I'm scrolling through movies and am like "I wonder what that is, it has a high IMDB rating I'll check it out!"
Example:
Edit: This is a really important feature to me, and a big reason I've not been able to try out MQ4, so thanks a lot for posting it as a suggestion.
Edit2: Figured I might as well follow the forum and join myself considering I check on MQ# and Ace often anyway so I signed up and added it. Thanks!
Another little request. In the pictures and videos/home videos section some statistics, like how many pictures/items in folder, how many home videos/items ... don't know if it is possible, but it would be cool.
How about support for an intro movie ie when you start XBMC you can have a movie that you created play before you actually go into any menus.

Thanks.
Great stuff guys!

I'll put all your suggestions over later today. Thank you for participating.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ5 Features - PLEASE HELP!2