Release Random Trailers - Plays random trailers from uses library, iTunes or Folder
Video 
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script

Plays random trailers from the following sources:
  • Users Movie Library
  • User Specified Folder
  • Apple iTunes
  • You Tube (trailers from themoviedb.org)
  • Mulitple (any or all of the above combined)

This addon can also be launched as a program manually, (Screensaver does not have to be enabled)
Unlike a standard screensaver mouse move and key press do not exit while trailer is playing.

While the trailer is playing you have a few options.
  • Press ENTER or SELECT to play movie of current trailer (Library Only).
  • Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide
  • Presss Q to add movie to CouchPotato Queue
  • Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
  • Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
  • Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit

watch gallery

how-to install this add-on:

Version 1.1.12 is available to Install from XBMC Official Repo, find it under Programs.

Or get latest test version from my git repo at https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers and install from Zip File.

Change Log
v.1.1.13 (March 03,2014)
- updated filter feature to filter by rating limit for all trailers (perviously only iTunes trailers were filtered)

v.1.1.12 (February 12,2014)
- added feature to play trailers in groups of n with x amount of delay between groups.

v.1.1.11 (February 10,2014)
- added feature to filter tmdb trailers by New DVD Releases

v.1.10 (February, 07, 2014)
- fixed issue playing library trailers

v.1.1.9 (February, 05,2014)
- fixed issue causing crash for not standard ascii characters. Fix EOL

v.1.1.8 (January, 11, 2014:
- added ability to play trailers from You Tube. Trailers are located using themoviedb.org.
- added CouchPotato integration, while watching trailer pressing Q puts current movie in you CouchPotato Queue.

v.1.1.7 (January, 5, 2014) :
- added feature to display trailer info for iTunes trailers.
-cleaned up and optimized code
-moved hide info option from library to general settings

v.1.1.6 (December 31,2013) :
- added feature to select type of trailers form iTunes, Coming Soon, Just Added, Most Popular, Exclusive and All

v.1.1.5 (Decembeor 30,2013) :
- added feature to filter iTunes trailers. you can filter by selected genre(s), and by rating limit. so only play family movies that are rated G for example.

v.1.1.4 (December 29, 2013) :
- added ability to play random trailers from multiple sources

v.1.1.3 (December 28, 2013) :
- added ability to play random trailers form apple itunes
- reworked options screens to reflect multiple trailer sources

v.1.1.2 (December 26, 2013) :
- added feature to adjust volume during trailer playback

v.1.1.1 (December 09, 2013) :
- removed font changes

v.1.1.0 (November 27, 2013) :
- updates for gothum compatibility
- added ability to play trailers from a folder rather than the users library
- fixed issue where number of trailers incorrect if hide watched movies selected.
- trailers will now not repeat until all trailers have been played.
- fixed issue where trailers would start playing while music is playing

v.1.0.12 (November 25, 2013) :
- added feature if movie title hidden pressing m displays the title for 2 seconds

v.1.0.11 (November 25, 2013) :
- added option to hide movie title when playing
- removed malfunctioning password options

v.1.0.9 (july 26, 2013) :
- localized strings for dialogs

v1.0.8 (July 25, 2013) :
- added option to force full screen

v1.0.7 (June 16, 2013) :
- merged program, service and screensaver into one addon
- added option to set number of trailers to 0 for continous playback.

v1.0.6 (June 14, 2013) :
- added arrow controls for remotes without keyboards
UP = show info
DOWN = hide info
RIGHT = next trailer
LEFT = exit trailers

v1.0.5 (June 12, 2013) :
- fixed module import issues. fixed font issues

v1.0.4 (June 10, 2013) :
- improved movie information screen
- added feature and setting to exclude recently watched movies from trailers. Set to number of days after movie
has been played before including in trailers

v1.0.3 (June 4, 2013) :
- added setting to hide movie info during playback of trailer
press I during playback of trailer to toggle info display

v1.0.2 (June 3, 2013) :
- added feature to allow playing movie of currently playing trailer by pressing enter while trailer is playing
- added feature to allow user to press esc to exit, or X to quit trailer but play remaining.

v1.0.1 (May 30, 2013)
- added option to not ask for genre filter

v1.0.0 (May 27, 2013) :
- initial release, includes opitons for selecting genre, nubmer trailers, and to display open and close animation.
-ken Z-
Will submit to official XBMC Repo after some testing.
-ken Z-
Nice :-)

But it would have being nice if could play from YouTube f.ex. to.

Or else this looks really nice.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Going to install it from the repo now. Do the trailers have to be on the local XBMC or any they being pulled from the net? If it only plays local trailers then I think it would be a lot nicer if it could pull the trailers from online. I think hiding watched movies from the results would be a great feature. And a date range would be great also, maybe defaulting to the current year or last 365 days.

Great add-on idea!
Thanks for the feedback!

It gets the trailer location from the library and plays it, doesn't matter if trailer is local or online.

I can pretty easily add an option to hide watched movies from the results, or hide movies watched in the last x number of days.

I think one option to hide movies watched in the last x number of days would be best, and set it to 0 for all.
-ken Z-
New Version 1.0.5 allows you to exclude recently watched movies from trailers. Improved movie info screens and more.

See first post for details.
-ken Z-
Merged into combination Screensaver / Script .

See first post for details.
-ken Z-
How do you set this up not to take over screensaver but only to run from programs addon?

thanks
You should just be able to select another screensaver under Appearance and it should only run as a program then.
-ken Z-
Great idea and script. Any idea if a similar screensaver addon could be made with new trailers from apple trailers, yahoo trailer etc?
For some reason whenever this is enabled it takes over the screensaver function and executes even if I change the screen saver to something else. (actually, when installed it doesnt show as selected for screen saver and still executes when the screensaver exits). I love this addon but can't tolerate the screensaver function, do you have any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: I solved my own problem. It seems like under programs two instances of the script show up - 1.0.9 and 1.0.5 . When I install 1.0.5 it seems to work as expected. (so far)
Added an option to Hide the title of the currently playing trailer. See first post for details to install.
-ken Z-
Fixed issue where number of trailers was incorrect when hiding trailers from recently watched movies.

Updated in GIT
-ken Z-
i was wondering if it might be possible to add an option to play trailers for upcoming movies that have been downloaded to a user specified folder
(2013-11-26, 21:17)ijourneaux Wrote: i was wondering if it might be possible to add an option to play trailers for upcoming movies that have been downloaded to a user specified folder

I just added a new version where you can select a folder to play trailers from. You can still select the number of trailers to play as well.

download it from my Git Repo here.
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers - Plays random trailers from uses library, iTunes or Folder1