No live streaming video - Windows backend and Raspberry Pi Client
Hi,

I am running MediaPortal backend on my windows machine, MediaPortal PVR Client on my Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc latest/updated).

I can see all the channels configured in my XBMC client and interestingly I can listen to the audio on selecting any channel but I can't see the streaming video.

I can see live streaming (audio and video) on my windows machine running windows XBMC and MediaPortal PVR client on localhost but no video (only audio) on LAN/WLAN.

Could this be the same file sharing problem in windows/linux case?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Where is your log?

What is the video codec? If it is mpeg2 have you got the mpeg2 licence on the Pi? (You need to buy it).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your reply.

Im sorry but from where I can see the video codec?
mediainfo will tell you what is in the recorded TV.

If you want mpeg2 support for rpi you have to buy it from the rpi store.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nickr it seems like a mpeg2 problem. I tried it on another win system and it is working good.

Thank you once again.
The codec is very cheap, like under 5 GBP.
Yes, it is cheaper than that

http://www.raspberrypi.com/

Do I need to buy the VC-1 as well ?
Probably not for what we are talking about it, but for the price, and for completeness, I say "why not?".

I mean when I purchased, they seemed to round DOWN to the nearest pound which made me feel guilty, given how cheap it is anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No live streaming video - Windows backend and Raspberry Pi Client0