XBMCbuntu wont auto login
I am very new to Linux, I ran the installer. Everything completes.

I tried various usernames and passwords and set it to autologin and when it reboots it appears to be loading the XBMC software with the "blue bubbles" then it stops and says "XBMC" then it loads the bubbles again.

Same thing over and over again until I get to a login screen. I can login to Ubuntu.

All I want is the thing to boot up to XBMC and be an "on & off" type of solution.

I have also tried using XBMC\xbmc as the username and password when re-installing and doesnt work.
Most likely that means you do not have correct videodrivers installed.
You need drivers that support hardware accelerated OpenGL

The autologin is working but XBMC crashes as soon as you start it.
Its a Dell Zino, with AMD\ATI, where do I get the drivers?
Which installer - there are 2?

Which ATI graphics card. lspci will tell you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm a Linux n00b, literally the first time I've ever touched it. sorry.

what is lspci?

(2013-06-04, 21:18)Kibje Wrote: Most likely that means you do not have correct videodrivers installed.

(2013-06-04, 22:16)nickr Wrote: Which installer - there are 2?

Which ATI graphics card. lspci will tell you.

I ran the AMD installer not the Intel one.
Please provide us with some more specific information on your hardware, so we can see whether your device supports running XBMC.

We really need type numbers or a link to the specifications of your specific type of PC.

We can than advice on the steps needed to install the correct drivers.
Dell Zino - Inspiron 400

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...ag/8rwcnl1

AMD AMD RS780, v.8.71, A02
please post the output of lspci.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
what is lspciHuhHuhHuhHuh
A command.

ssh into the machine and run the lspci command. Then cut and paste the output here.

Alternatively ssh in and run
Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
lspci|pastebinit

Note the resulting url and post the url here.
i have the same problem
i have a ATI/AMD HD Radeon 4650 pcie card
(2013-06-04, 21:18)Kibje Wrote: Most likely that means you do not have correct videodrivers installed.

Great! But should not it at least fall back into the active ubuntu session, and not outside to the login screen? How does one install the drivers when you can not even login into os?

-sergey
xbmcbuntu's xbmc session does not have a fallback. it runs xbmc on top of X without a window manager or anything. run the xbmcbuntu session if you want a desktop. this is all documented... (RTM??)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu wont auto login1