Buffer file has zero length?
Hi, for some reason I'm no longer able to watch live TV, I've made no changes to xbmc or mediaportal that I'm aware of and I'm able to preview channels fine from within mediaportal.

Code:
11:06:11 T:4588   ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: FileReader::OpenFile(), open file \\MEDIA\Users\Daniel Tye\timeshift\live4-0.ts.tsbuffer failed.
11:06:11 T:4588   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: MultiFileReader: buffer file opened return code 1.
11:06:11 T:4588   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: MultiFileReader: buffer file has zero length, closing, waiting 100 ms and re-opening. Attempt: 48.

I've tried resintalling the addon and mediaportal from sctach and it's made no difference, anyone any ideas?
The error suggests that the addon is not able to read the contents of "live4-0.ts.tsbuffer"
This file contains the list of timeshift buffer files and the addon must have read access to this file to check which buffer file it should open.

Could you try to (quickly copy this file with the Explorer (on the same machine as XBMC) and check if it is indeed empty?
Check also the file size directly after tuning a channel. It should be larger than 0.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I'll check later on as I'm currently away from the machine, When trying to solve the issue myself I made the above checks, the permissions were all fine and the file contained data (unreadable in notepad++ but wasn't empty).

Edit: Just checked it now and the is 144 bytes and it's permissions are set to allow all users full control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffer file has zero length?0