• 27(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
if you have the dark onscreen display option with the small top bar then if the video has chapters the chapters side of the bar (left) is still light.
@jurialmunkey now that you have a new thread are you planning to make a section for this Smile. The new updates definitely improved the performance of the skin.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
also, when using the dark osd, you can barely see the icon if xbmc is muted.
(2013-08-03, 16:58)hunkyn Wrote: @jurialmunkey now that you have a new thread are you planning to make a section for this Smile. The new updates definitely improved the performance of the skin.

I agree, after this latest update I've noticed a huge difference with smoothness and less hesitation when transferring to different menus

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-08-03, 16:58)hunkyn Wrote: @jurialmunkey now that you have a new thread are you planning to make a section for this Smile. The new updates definitely improved the performance of the skin.

skin section is only for skins already in official repo. perhaps best to move this to skin WIP section for now (since you changed the name)?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm not sure if this is related to the skin or XBMC, but there seems to be no "edit title" option for video playlists. I tend to edit titles every now and then when something gets scrapped with an alternative title. When I go into my movie playlists, I can bring up the contextual menu and edit the title of any movie. However, the same same option is missing from video playlists.

Also, when I go to files under Music the old style menu seems to be overlapping in the bottom left. Is this intentional or an error?
(2013-08-03, 13:33)donkee69 Wrote: if you have the dark onscreen display option with the small top bar then if the video has chapters the chapters side of the bar (left) is still light.
Good catch. Fixed now Smile

(2013-08-03, 17:39)el_cabong Wrote: also, when using the dark osd, you can barely see the icon if xbmc is muted.
Fixed

(2013-08-04, 01:06)hoopsdavis Wrote:
I agree, after this latest update I've noticed a huge difference with smoothness and less hesitation when transferring to different menus
Excellent. I think removing the now playing section from the menu made a big difference speed wise and it was pretty unnecessary really.

(2013-08-04, 01:10)Martijn Wrote:
skin section is only for skins already in official repo. perhaps best to move this to skin WIP section for now (since you changed the name)?
Plan is to get the last few remaining menus done then WIP section > development repo > official repo.

(2013-08-04, 05:50)anime513 Wrote: I'm not sure if this is related to the skin or XBMC, but there seems to be no "edit title" option for video playlists. I tend to edit titles every now and then when something gets scrapped with an alternative title. When I go into my movie playlists, I can bring up the contextual menu and edit the title of any movie. However, the same same option is missing from video playlists.

Also, when I go to files under Music the old style menu seems to be overlapping in the bottom left. Is this intentional or an error?
I'm not sure what you mean by video vs. movie playlists? I'm able to edit titles in all my playlists I tried.
The music files menu should be hidden now (until I get the new one done).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello, new on this fantastic skin. Thank you very much for your work.

Only a question, I would like to have a little bigger font size in movies and shows arguments.
Could you tell me what is/are the lanes that I have to change in the "Font.xml" file?

Thanks in advance.

Hey jurialmunkey,
I am not sure if it's already mentioned yet, but if you add programs(add-ons) to your submenu my icons are greyed out (dark). I know you have an option "- color" and I turned it on. Still getting dark/greyed out icons in submenu. But if I change your layout to "Panel" icons aren't greyed out and working like they should. Just in "Simple" Layout I get greyed out icons when I add new submenu add-ons like "youtube", "vimeo" and so on.
I am using your Dark Skin.
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
Nice work Jurial.

Just noticed an inconsistency, the custom item has been removed from the home menu but custom still appears as a configurable option in the backgrounds menu.

Is the custom menu item still an option in the future?
(2013-08-04, 12:23)vimarbla Wrote: Hello, new on this fantastic skin. Thank you very much for your work.
Only a question, I would like to have a little bigger font size in movies and shows arguments.
Could you tell me what is/are the lanes that I have to change in the "Font.xml" file?
I just made a small update that will allow you to change the size. With the latest version, edit line 646 of Font.xml.
Its down the very bottom and looks like this:
Code:
<font>
    <name>Font-Info-Plot</name>
    <filename>alaska_light_nocaps.ttf</filename>
    <size>29</size>
</font>

(2013-08-04, 12:33)Azake Wrote: Hey jurialmunkey,
I am not sure if it's already mentioned yet, but if you add programs(add-ons) to your submenu my icons are greyed out (dark). I know you have an option "- color" and I turned it on. Still getting dark/greyed out icons in submenu. But if I change your layout to "Panel" icons aren't greyed out and working like they should. Just in "Simple" Layout I get greyed out icons when I add new submenu add-ons like "youtube", "vimeo" and so on.
I am using your Dark Skin.
When did you last update the skin? I'm pretty sure I fixed this a few days ago.
Hmpf..
Last Update 04.08.2013 6:37
,,and I already updated your new changes.
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
(2013-08-04, 12:50)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Nice work Jurial.

Just noticed an inconsistency, the custom item has been removed from the home menu but custom still appears as a configurable option in the backgrounds menu.

Is the custom menu item still an option in the future?

It should still be there. 'Skin Settings > Home > Manage Categories > Custom". The option just doesn't fit in the dialog box so you have to scroll down (I really should make it bigger Wink )
I just discovered this skin, and this definitely deserves its own place on the forum Smile!
A very nice skin with influences from xperience, aeon and Alaska!
I like the fact that it is already very complete with support for tv-show next aired, skin.widgets, etc

It works quite well on a raspberry pi, a bit slow but it looks great, so I can handle the delays Wink.

I noticed that one dialog screen (for the subtitle delay setting during playback) was missing, don't know if you were aware of this?

Anyway, great skin kep up the good work Smile!
Thanks jurialmunkey for your quick response about font size. The solution has been perfect for me.
I think I have found my definitive skin, and I think we all agree that when we begin to deepen into xbmc this is quite complicated.... Laugh

I would like to know also if it is possible to add rating in numbers (Imdb rating or other), as an option - selecting numbers or stars - or simply added in general and info views.
I do not want to waste your time and previously I have been searching in this thread for some question related with this, but I have not found results.

Again thank you very much in advance.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6