• 29(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
(2013-08-05, 04:46)hunkyn Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 13:10)Azake Wrote: Hmpf..
Last Update 04.08.2013 6:37
,,and I already updated your new changes.
Strange. Something must have gone wrong when you updated because both simple and panel home use exactly the same code for the submenu items now. You might need to delete the skin and re-clone the repo (you wont loose your skin settings because xbmc stores them elsewhere).

Yep. You were totally right. I did it already and it worked. Very nice.
I am also an R-Pi User and I know you didn't intend to make this skin for low profil devices, but maybe you can add some options to lighten the skin. It's already very nice and I would say it's the one of the most beautiful skins. I like the OSD and I love all the views one can choose.

+1 gap

--> i hope i didn't miss something ( I was on vacation ), but strangely the skin doesn't show me the clear logos anymore.
Submenu is working, but I don't see the clear logos Sad I activated and deactivated but didn't change anything.
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
(2013-08-05, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: Image

I prefer when it extends the full length.

Edit: After merging the updates, I actually like the new look

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurial, is it possible to increase the thumbnail size for profiles when XBMC is launched?

They're currently quite small and against the diffused background, not as easy to identify.

EDIT - What setting is required to display the library count as displayed in the screenshot?
(2013-08-05, 14:11)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Jurial, is it possible to increase the thumbnail size for profiles when XBMC is launched?

They're currently quite small and against the diffused background, not as easy to identify.

EDIT - What setting is required to display the library count as displayed in the screenshot?

Worked out I needed to activate show profile setting to get library totals displayed
(2013-08-05, 11:19)ferent Wrote: jurialmunkey could you add the rating in the OSD (for video and songs)?
I'll have a look when I get a chance. Should be in the onscreen info for videos though (on the right underneath the tags -- 'mp3' etc.).

(2013-08-05, 12:18)tetodbs Wrote: jurialmunkey please could you add the metro home?
Sorry, not going to happen (and wont ever return either) -- too much work for me to maintain, adds too much bulk and I'm also trying to establish a separate identity for the skin. You can always install the old mod...

(2013-08-05, 12:44)Saner Wrote: Is there anyway to customize the main menu options ?
Thanks anyway, even if its not possible. This is a gorgeous looking skin.
Thanks Smile
Not at the moment, but it is definitely going to happen soon (once I find the time to implement it).

(2013-08-05, 13:10)Smobbo Wrote: Thanks for your quick response!
I'll update the skin when i get home to get the background for the slider back Smile.
I'll also look into editing the effectsslowdown setting in addons.xml. I assume this is a value i can lower to dimish the effect? I'll try a couple of settings and will report back!
Yeah. Its a multiplier of animation times. So 0.50 will make the animation speed twice as fast. I think you have to restart xbmc to see its effect (rather than just reload the skin).

(2013-08-05, 13:23)Azake Wrote: I am also an R-Pi User and I know you didn't intend to make this skin for low profil devices, but maybe you can add some options to lighten the skin. It's already very nice and I would say it's the one of the most beautiful skins. I like the OSD and I love all the views one can choose.

--> i hope i didn't miss something ( I was on vacation ), but strangely the skin doesn't show me the clear logos anymore.
Submenu is working, but I don't see the clear logos Sad I activated and deactivated but didn't change anything.
Wow, you really aren't having much luck! Where about are you talking about re: clearlogos? Do you mean at the bottom of the screen with the clock and info tags? Because I haven't changed anything there (or anything else really regarding clear logos)

re: raspberry pi -- Once I get the skin on the development repo and the textures are compressed into a textures file, hopefully that will improve performance a little bit. After the skin gets a little more stable in terms of features etc. then I definitely will be looking for optimisations to implement

(2013-08-05, 14:11)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Jurial, is it possible to increase the thumbnail size for profiles when XBMC is launched?

I don't really use multiple profile login. I'll have to set up another profile and have a look (I don't even know what it looks like hahaha).
Library count comes with showing the profile image -- 'Skin Settings > Home > Show profile image'.
**edit: I see you just worked it out Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-08-05, 14:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 13:23)Azake Wrote: I am also an R-Pi User and I know you didn't intend to make this skin for low profil devices, but maybe you can add some options to lighten the skin. It's already very nice and I would say it's the one of the most beautiful skins. I like the OSD and I love all the views one can choose.

Wow, you really aren't having much luck! Where about are you talking about re: clearlogos? Do you mean at the bottom of the screen with the clock and info tags? Because I haven't changed anything there (or anything else really regarding clear logos)

re: raspberry pi -- Once I get the skin on the development repo and the textures are compressed into a textures file, hopefully that will improve performance a little bit. After the skin gets a little more stable in terms of features etc. then I definitely will be looking for optimisations to implement

Sounds great concerning the improvements Smile It is very nice that you even take care of the r-pi brood Smile)

I think I didn't point at the right direction. With the Artwork Downloader you can download clearlogos (or maybe you just know them as "logos", because in all of your screenshots you can see them, right next to the info tags) and I know you can show them with your skin.
It actually worked before but now It doesn't work for me.
I completely deleted your skin and installed it from the scratch.
One question to the update procedure:
When you update something in github. Can I just download the new .zip and unzip it and replace all data or is there a better way doing that ?
Can anyone tell me how to remove the "Games" menu from the home screen?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess this is the custom menu..go into the skin setting. you have to deactivate custom home menu (this is actually the games menu)
(2013-08-05, 15:06)Azake Wrote: i guess this is the custom menu..go into the skin setting. you have to deactivate custom home menu (this is actually the games menu)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

(2013-08-05, 14:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 12:44)Saner Wrote: Is there anyway to customize the main menu options ?
Thanks anyway, even if its not possible. This is a gorgeous looking skin.
Thanks Smile
Not at the moment, but it is definitely going to happen soon (once I find the time to implement it).

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I will stick with the skin for now, as I only really need that feature for the babysitter Big Grin and it really is a beautiful looking skin.
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway (through settings or via manual coding) to totally hide the OSD when pausing a movie. To clarify, what I want when I pause a movie is to see more efficiently something, or read the subtitles etc. I don't want to have the OSD being displayed. If I press the Menu key (M button) then I would like to have back the OSD.

Is that possible?

Thank you anyway!
i'm on the latest git and can't seem to select numeric rating:
pressing down simply returns me to the top of the list.
also the cover reflection option doesn't seem to affect low list view:
works on middle list view, haven't checked the others.
(2013-08-05, 22:02)furii Wrote: i'm on the latest git and can't seem to select numeric rating:

You'll need to have "Show Info Tags" turned on

(2013-08-05, 22:45)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 22:02)furii Wrote: i'm on the latest git and can't seem to select numeric rating:

You'll need to have "Show Info Tags" turned on

ah, so you do. i believe it would be more intuitive to have it underneath the info tag setting like the clearart option then. also maybe indenting the option a little to show it depends on the tag setting.

that said, i was able to turn on info tags, turn on numeric rating, and then turned info tags off so that i would get the numeric rating on the info screen. strangely the shows it disabled even though the info screens are indeed using the numeric setting.
(2013-08-05, 14:51)Azake Wrote: I think I didn't point at the right direction. With the Artwork Downloader you can download clearlogos (or maybe you just know them as "logos", because in all of your screenshots you can see them, right next to the info tags) and I know you can show them with your skin.
It actually worked before but now It doesn't work for me.
I completely deleted your skin and installed it from the scratch.
One question to the update procedure:
When you update something in github. Can I just download the new .zip and unzip it and replace all data or is there a better way doing that ?
Yeah that's what I was talking about too - clearlogos between the clock and info tags. You did turn them on in "Skin Settings > Views" right? (I'm pretty sure you mentioned that you did). I haven't changed anything at all on that side of things. The only thing I can really think of is that perhaps because you are using a raspberry pi, perhaps it is running out of ram -- do you have the 256 or 512mb model (model B rev 2 is the 512 I think...)? The only other thing I can think is some issue with your xbmc database in general (do they work in other skins? because that would rule that out).

Regarding updates. The best way, IMO, is to use git via command line (I'm assuming you are using some flavour of linux since you are on the pi). In a terminal at the xbmc addons directory (make sure you remove the old skin.arctic directory first):
Code:
git clone https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic

That will clone (make a copy of the repository) into the skin.arctic directory. Then whenever you want to update the skin, all you have to do is go into the addons/skin.arctic directory and issue the following command
Code:
git pull
and that will basically just compare your files with the ones in the repo and download the ones that have changes (so you don't have to download the whole lot over again whenever there is a small change).

(2013-08-05, 16:52)Saner Wrote: I will stick with the skin for now, as I only really need that feature for the babysitter Big Grin and it really is a beautiful looking skin.
Thanks Smile
It's definitely on the cards.

(2013-08-05, 16:56)michalis Wrote: I was wondering if there is anyway (through settings or via manual coding) to totally hide the OSD when pausing a movie. To clarify, what I want when I pause a movie is to see more efficiently something, or read the subtitles etc. I don't want to have the OSD being displayed. If I press the Menu key (M button) then I would like to have back the OSD.

Is that possible?
It is possible, but not without me giving you a crash course in skinning :p and it wont be an option I'll be adding sorry. If you do want to have a go at changing it yourself, the file you are looking for is 1080i/DialogSeekbar.xml

Of course, you could always change the position of the subtitles to be slighter higher so they aren't obscured by the seekbar -- 'Settings > System > Video Output > Video calibration ...' Hit okay until the subtitle line is selected (I think its 3rd - goes top left corner, bottom right, subtitles, aspect square).

(2013-08-05, 23:21)furii Wrote: ah, so you do. i believe it would be more intuitive to have it underneath the info tag setting like the clearart option then. also maybe indenting the option a little to show it depends on the tag setting.

that said, i was able to turn on info tags, turn on numeric rating, and then turned info tags off so that i would get the numeric rating on the info screen. strangely the shows it disabled even though the info screens are indeed using the numeric setting.
I rearranged the options slightly, so hopefully they make a bit more sense now. I also added the "show numeric rating" to the video information settings 'Skin Settings > Views > Video Information >>> Prefer...'

Also, low list reflection option should be fixed. That was an option el_cabong added via a pull request - I think he must have just accidentally missed the poster reflection because it worked properly for music low list and also for the reflection of the actual low list backing panel.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6