• 31(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
(2013-08-06, 10:38)Azake Wrote: one more thing. i am using your skin on a german xbmc interface language. sometimes i have noticed the font is a little bit out of the windows for example "close" means in german "schließen" and a small part of this word is outside/at the edge of the window.

Can you give me an example of whereabouts (what window etc.) and I'll see if I can fix it..
** edit: I fixed the one in the menu to customise the submenu items. Are there any others?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-08-07, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 10:38)Azake Wrote: one more thing. i am using your skin on a german xbmc interface language. sometimes i have noticed the font is a little bit out of the windows for example "close" means in german "schließen" and a small part of this word is outside/at the edge of the window.

Can you give me an example of whereabouts (what window etc.) and I'll see if I can fix it..
** edit: I fixed the one in the menu to customise the submenu items. Are there any others?

I will message you if I find more, but you were faster. The submenu was what I meant Smile
Here it is 11:22 AM. Couldn't point you to the right direction, but you found it by yourself. Thx jurial Smile
Btw: Is there somewhere possible to donate something ?
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
It's me again. Did you miss me ? (NOT)

Maybe it's again my luck, but there is missing the option where xbmc asks you (a prompt) if you want to start the movie from the beginning or start from the minute xx:xx, if you have already watches a few minutes.

cheers
(2013-08-06, 04:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 04:03)Azake Wrote: Large textures are too much for the R-Pi since it uses almost all CPU power. You have mentioned something with texture compression. Are you planning to do it soon ?
I have just 720p fanart but it makes no difference. A little trick for r-pi users concerning smooth skin navigation is to set 24hz framrate in 1080p resolution but still the fade outs and so on are quite heavy.
I would recommend everyone Amber skin (it's very fast even with heavy poster view) but your skin has so much detail/passion and i like it, no, I love it pretty much Smile
Hahaha thanks Smile
Yeah, when it goes to the skin development repository the textures will be compressed automatically into a textures file. I could do it myself, but running linux I'm pretty sure I have to compile my own dev version of xbmc to do so (there isn't a simple downloadable tool as far as I'm aware). And that isn't something I can be bothered with at the moment (especially since I'm so close to getting the skin to a point of being able to submit to the development repo where it will be done automatically -- and that also means automatic updates for you guys!).

I'm already using compressed textures. Everytime I update my local git repo, I'm using TexturePacker to do so. I can provide a Textures.xbt for the latest GIT if anyone is interested…
Okay here you go…
Textures.xbt from latest GIT: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30382/Textures.xbt

Delete all files from the skin/media folder and place the Textures.xbt in it. Should be much smoother now. Smile
what happens if I git pull after he submit new stuff ? then the media folder is full of textures again, right ? and I have to wait till you comress it, right ?
I just want to understand it Smile

Thanks cassiel Smile
(2013-08-07, 14:41)Azake Wrote: what happens if I git pull after he submit new stuff ? then the media folder is full of textures again, right ? and I have to wait till you comress it, right ?
I just want to understand it Smile

Thanks cassiel Smile
Correct. Compressing the textures will take about ~3-5 minutes. Expect updates of Textures.xbt on a irregular basis or mail me.
Gimme a plus if you appreciate Wink
Ah you are a german landsmann Smile haha Smile

Gute Arbeit Smile Werde mich melden.
Es sei denn ich kann es auch selbst machen, dann möchte ich dich nicht extra damit beschäftigen Smile
(2013-08-07, 14:46)Azake Wrote: Ah you are a german landsmann Smile haha Smile

Gute Arbeit Smile Werde mich melden.
Es sei denn ich kann es auch selbst machen, dann möchte ich dich nicht extra damit beschäftigen Smile

Jepp – Meld dich einfach.

You'll need the TexturePacker binary including all libraries… you can find in somewhere on the forum. I think it's available for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) Smile
(2013-08-07, 13:01)Azake Wrote: It's me again. Did you miss me ? (NOT)

Maybe it's again my luck, but there is missing the option where xbmc asks you (a prompt) if you want to start the movie from the beginning or start from the minute xx:xx, if you have already watches a few minutes.

cheers

I've found it out by myself. It is just in your preview mode on the home screen, when I am in the movie list the prompt shows up (actually a slide sidewindow shows up --> prompt looks better imho. just my taste)

Thanks anyway Smile
(2013-08-07, 22:31)Azake Wrote:

cheers

I've found it out by myself. It is just in your preview mode on the home screen, when I am in the movie list the prompt shows up (actually a slide sidewindow shows up --> prompt looks better imho. just my taste)

Thanks anyway Smile

i pointed this out before the fork from the arctic mod -> mk ii. probably just fell through the cracks.
(2013-08-07, 23:59)furii Wrote:

cheers

Thanks anyway Smile

i pointed this out before the fork from the arctic mod -> mk ii. probably just fell through the cracks.

So we are already 2 --> *twinkle twinkle* jurialmunkey Wink
(2013-08-07, 18:39)Cassiel Wrote: You'll need the TexturePacker binary including all libraries… you can find in somewhere on the forum. I think it's available for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) Smile
If you are on windows there is a link on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker
There was a precompiled version for mac osx floating around, but I tried it recently and it doesn't seem to work (perhaps because of a mising library, but the error message doesn't hold any clues). So for mac and linux the only option is to compile xbmc from source as far as I can tell.

(2013-08-07, 23:59)furii Wrote:

cheers

Thanks anyway Smile

Yeah this was discussed before - I'm pretty sure Black also chimed in on this. Using the skin.widgets add-on it does not seem possible to have an option to display the dialog to choose between. The skin widget addon simply defines the play action as resume.
**edit: I was going to write about how Hitcher uses a different method and I didn't want to rewrite all my code because I would prefer to use the skin.widgets service. However, in having another quick look at the xeebo code now, I think I might have an idea about how this might be possible. I'll get back to you two after I have tried a few things.

Azake, regarding the slide out menu - its a side effect of changing the context menu to be the slide out menu (the resume option uses the context menu by default - I didn't specifically code it to be like that). What I was thinking would be good is something similar to the yes/no dialog popping up, but I'm not sure if it is possible to redirect it only in that specific instance. I will have to have a look.
honestly when i'm picking something from the home panel i want to resume anyway so it's not a huge deal to me. don't waste too much time on it Wink
(2013-08-08, 04:38)furii Wrote: honestly when i'm picking something from the home panel i want to resume anyway so it's not a huge deal to me. don't waste too much time on it Wink

I just had one of those lightbulb moments about how to do it without too much fuss on my part. Resume for widgets should be working now. The resume dialog pops-up over the fanart next to the movie info. The alternative is to have it pop up in the middle of the screen with a fade overlay behind it. I'm not sure what would be better - I like it over the fanart but I'm not sure if it is immediately noticeable there. What do you guys think?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6