• 4(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
hi everyone, this skin is AMAZING!! thanx for the mod... i have 1 question... how can use my custom playlist in the home screen, insted of years, genres,actors etc??.... i have only video addons in metro style

sorry 4 my bad english

great work in this mod
just stumbled across this and i'm digging it. great work.

i did notice one bit of strangeness though on the panel home view. pressing down while movies, for example, are selected does not highlight the recently added movies. instead it jumps to the bottom row of options of all films, new movies, etc. additionally it then moves those options to the top. this seems pretty counterintuitive to me. it would make more sense for down to highlight a recently added item and then a second down press to get to all files, etc.

i do have a couple requests if possible. first would be to an option to show in progress shows rather than recently added for both the panel and simple views. it would also be nice to be able to disable the clear art and flags/media info.

lastly, a mild critique. in the low list view, and most likely others but this is the one i have chosen and like best, there are currently 4 places with the show name. in the list and next to it in what i will dub the info panel (with the rating, year, genre, and plot), again at the bottom with the clear art and lastly on the poster. there are also redundant instances of the genre, year, and rating. it would be nice to have it cleaned up a bit so there wasn't as much going on. whether at the design level or through the options.

that said keep up the awesome work. looking forward to what else you have in store Smile
UPDATE
  • Added widget types for simple/panel homescreens: Spotlight, Recent and Ongoing (Skin Settings > Home )
  • Updates to panel homescreen: Now flows more intuitively.
  • Press up for power menu on panel homescreen
  • On panel homescreen, weather is now in power menu rather than on the main menu
  • Added additional add-on tiles for movies, tvshows and music for simple and panel
  • Added option to disable the info tags and clearlogo at the bottom of the screen (Skin Settings > Views > Show info tags)
  • Updated low list to show movie tag line in plot section, also added a scroll bar to the plot section for quick scrolling
  • Updated watched indicators in lists - blue is watched; purple is new; grey is unwatched.
  • Modified "New" overlay on posters - displays only if episode/movie is in recently added.

(2013-06-15, 19:46)seo9nine Wrote: hi everyone, this skin is AMAZING!! thanx for the mod... i have 1 question... how can use my custom playlist in the home screen, insted of years, genres,actors etc??.... i have only video addons in metro style

Thanks Big Grin
In this update I added a few more custom tiles to the simple/panel homescreens (press up on the simple homescreen). You may have to scroll to the left/right in order to see them - you can just click on an empty one to add a custom playlist (Or goto Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items).

(2013-06-15, 19:55)furii Wrote: just stumbled across this and i'm digging it. great work.

i did notice one bit of strangeness though on the panel home view. pressing down while movies, for example, are selected does not highlight the recently added movies. instead it jumps to the bottom row of options of all films, new movies, etc. additionally it then moves those options to the top. this seems pretty counterintuitive to me. it would make more sense for down to highlight a recently added item and then a second down press to get to all files, etc.

i do have a couple requests if possible. first would be to an option to show in progress shows rather than recently added for both the panel and simple views. it would also be nice to be able to disable the clear art and flags/media info.

lastly, a mild critique. in the low list view, and most likely others but this is the one i have chosen and like best, there are currently 4 places with the show name. in the list and next to it in what i will dub the info panel (with the rating, year, genre, and plot), again at the bottom with the clear art and lastly on the poster. there are also redundant instances of the genre, year, and rating. it would be nice to have it cleaned up a bit so there wasn't as much going on. whether at the design level or through the options.

that said keep up the awesome work. looking forward to what else you have in store Smile

Thanks Big Grin

See this latest update, I think I have addressed most of your concerns. I think I've finally got the panel flowing intuitively, let me know what you think. Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
jurialmonkey,

quick question - in the screenshots you've posted for the new simple home screen - what is the background you are using?

Any chance of including it in the skin, or giving a link?

Afraid I'm not a fan of the purpley, cloudy background that is set by default. Confused
(2013-06-16, 10:52)Carcharius Wrote: jurialmonkey,

quick question - in the screenshots you've posted for the new simple home screen - what is the background you are using?

Any chance of including it in the skin, or giving a link?

Afraid I'm not a fan of the purpley, cloudy background that is set by default. Confused

Yeah I've been meaning to change the default - it's just a leftover from the original skin. Just not sure what I want to make it yet Wink
That background was from htbackdrops.com which has been down for about a month. I'm pretty sure that entire site was creative commons so I guess its probably okay if I post it here:

(2013-06-16, 09:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks Big Grin

See this latest update, I think I have addressed most of your concerns. I think I've finally got the panel flowing intuitively, let me know what you think. Wink

hot damn i'm loving it Smile

thanks for implementing those so quickly. if you're still up for requests i do have one more. my ideal homescreen is kind of a hybrid between the panel view and the simple view. basically what i would like is the simple homescreen with the widgets always up. call it a widget view if you will. so instead of having to press up twice to show the widget it pops up when you change categories. basically it's the panel view without the all shows/new shows/etc bar visible by default. so i guess either an option to disable that on the panel view or enable widgets automatically on the simple view would be great.

regardless i've finally found a new default skin. cheers.
(2013-06-16, 09:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: UPDATE
  • Added widget types for simple/panel homescreens: Spotlight, Recent and Ongoing (Skin Settings > Home )
  • Updates to panel homescreen: Now flows more intuitively.
  • Press up for power menu on panel homescreen
  • On panel homescreen, weather is now in power menu rather than on the main menu
  • Added additional add-on tiles for movies, tvshows and music for simple and panel
  • Added option to disable the info tags and clearlogo at the bottom of the screen (Skin Settings > Views > Show info tags)
  • Updated low list to show movie tag line in plot section, also added a scroll bar to the plot section for quick scrolling
  • Updated watched indicators in lists - blue is watched; purple is new; grey is unwatched.
  • Modified "New" overlay on posters - displays only if episode/movie is in recently added.

(2013-06-15, 19:46)seo9nine Wrote: hi everyone, this skin is AMAZING!! thanx for the mod... i have 1 question... how can use my custom playlist in the home screen, insted of years, genres,actors etc??.... i have only video addons in metro style

Thanks Big Grin
In this update I added a few more custom tiles to the simple/panel homescreens (press up on the simple homescreen). You may have to scroll to the left/right in order to see them - you can just click on an empty one to add a custom playlist (Or goto Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items).

(2013-06-15, 19:55)furii Wrote: just stumbled across this and i'm digging it. great work.

Thanks Big Grin

hey thanks 4 ur awesome work, Big Grin .. i see the custom tiles, but.. i have a issue, the skins freeze when i pick a custom playlist (tryin to navigate 2 the folder),the freeze is random, restart the skin ( or close xbmc) and the playlist work again, by the way thanks 4 u response Wink
Looking great, love all the updates. Any way you can put back the color selection for the weather and program tiles? They don't look bad with the white, but would prefer the option to set the color. Thanks again!
(2013-06-16, 21:47)furii Wrote: thanks for implementing those so quickly. if you're still up for requests i do have one more. my ideal homescreen is kind of a hybrid between the panel view and the simple view. basically what i would like is the simple homescreen with the widgets always up. call it a widget view if you will. so instead of having to press up twice to show the widget it pops up when you change categories. basically it's the panel view without the all shows/new shows/etc bar visible by default. so i guess either an option to disable that on the panel view or enable widgets automatically on the simple view would be great.

Big Grin

This was actually what I wanted to do with the panel view to start with, but I was having some troubles getting the animations to look right. I think I've now finally got it working right (I just had to sacrifice the transparency of the dark part of the panel). I uploaded the changes to git. Have a look and tell me what you think Wink

(2013-06-16, 22:33)seo9nine Wrote: hey thanks 4 ur awesome work, Big Grin .. i see the custom tiles, but.. i have a issue, the skins freeze when i pick a custom playlist (tryin to navigate 2 the folder),the freeze is random, restart the skin ( or close xbmc) and the playlist work again, by the way thanks 4 u response Wink
I can't seem to replicate the problem you are having. Make sure that the type is set to "video playlist" (or "music playlist"). Other than that, I can't really think of what the problem might be - they're pretty much exactly the same as on the metro homescreen. Perhaps try going to Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items and set them there instead.

(2013-06-17, 05:22)BigPoppa17211 Wrote: Looking great, love all the updates. Any way you can put back the color selection for the weather and program tiles? They don't look bad with the white, but would prefer the option to set the color. Thanks again!
Done. See the latest update. Smile
(2013-06-17, 10:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-06-16, 21:47)furii Wrote: thanks for implementing those so quickly. if you're still up for requests i do have one more. my ideal homescreen is kind of a hybrid between the panel view and the simple view. basically what i would like is the simple homescreen with the widgets always up. call it a widget view if you will. so instead of having to press up twice to show the widget it pops up when you change categories. basically it's the panel view without the all shows/new shows/etc bar visible by default. so i guess either an option to disable that on the panel view or enable widgets automatically on the simple view would be great.

Big Grin

This was actually what I wanted to do with the panel view to start with, but I was having some troubles getting the animations to look right. I think I've now finally got it working right (I just had to sacrifice the transparency of the dark part of the panel). I uploaded the changes to git. Have a look and tell me what you think Wink

absolutely perfect my friend! the up arrow is a nice little touch. many thanks Smile
One other thing I noticed was missing (or maybe left out on purpose) was the counter in the tile for movies, tv shows and guide...possible to add that back in?
UPDATE: New Info Screen and added Black's PVR Nav update

(2013-06-18, 04:05)BigPoppa17211 Wrote: One other thing I noticed was missing (or maybe left out on purpose) was the counter in the tile for movies, tv shows and guide...possible to add that back in?

I forgot to put that back in when I changed the tiles. It should be working in this update. Smile
Hi Jurialmonkey,

Love your skin, it's amazing. It have all that i want.

I've seen a little bug, in the home screen, on movie, tv show or music tab, the arrow (to access widgets) on top of the screen is under the text. Maybe it's normal, but not sure.
It was ok in the git last week.

Besides, is there a way to have extra fanart for movies??

Thanks for your reply.
the blue colors from the skin and the dialogs, is it inspired by the skin breeze? Loved that skin.
keep up the good work Smile

+1 for support for extra fanart for movies.
(2013-06-19, 11:29)Ptit_Lux Wrote: Hi Jurialmonkey,

Love your skin, it's amazing. It have all that i want.

I've seen a little bug, in the home screen, on movie, tv show or music tab, the arrow (to access widgets) on top of the screen is under the text. Maybe it's normal, but not sure.
It was ok in the git last week.

Besides, is there a way to have extra fanart for movies??

Thanks for your reply.

Glad you like it! Big Grin
Thanks for pointing that out. I usually have the submenu arrow turned off so I hadn't noticed. Just uploaded a fix to git, should be working properly now.

I'll look into adding extra fanart, hopefully shouldn't be too hard to implement.

(2013-06-19, 12:29)FREAKJAM Wrote: the blue colors from the skin and the dialogs, is it inspired by the skin breeze? Loved that skin.
keep up the good work Smile

I haven't actually seen that skin before, its a shame it hasn't been updated for Frodo - looks amazing. The blue was just taken from the blue in the Options/Power menu of Black's original skin.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6