• 4(current)
Release Songza Music Plugin
Thanks for this amazing app, works great. Just a few questions on the interface if you're still actively working on this. Are you able to have thumbnail pictures for each interface option? Also, once we start a playlist, could the visualization start too? I'm running the Transparency skin and it seems odd to have no fanart or visualization in the background while the playlist is playing.

Just a suggestion to see what's possible. Thanks again for the app!
If you want to make some icons for the interface options I would be happy to include them. I'll also look into hiding the menu on playlist startup Smile

(2014-01-02, 01:25)HotBen Wrote: Just wanted to say that this plugin works pretty well on my RASPBMC. Thanks for the plugin.
I am not seeing a place to enter my password and I suspect that is why concierge is giving an error. Or am I supposed to insert it in a file somewhere?
Thanks again.

Sorry, I must have missed this. Bring up the context menu when the plugin is selected in the addons list (the 'c' key) and select addon settings.

(2013-11-24, 01:01)CapN_Pipp Wrote: is the query of stations taking a really long time for anyone else?

should the plugin version read 0.0.1 in xbmc ?

The reason for this is the playlist thumbnails. We have to download them for the whole list before we can show the list. Fortunately we cache the thumbnails so if a playlist has already been seen, it will not have to be downloaded. In the settings there is a setting for thumbnail quality. Turning this down will result in faster load times Smile
(2014-01-13, 19:33)avens19 Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 01:25)HotBen Wrote: Just wanted to say that this plugin works pretty well on my RASPBMC. Thanks for the plugin.
I am not seeing a place to enter my password and I suspect that is why concierge is giving an error. Or am I supposed to insert it in a file somewhere?
Thanks again.

Sorry, I must have missed this. Bring up the context menu when the plugin is selected in the addons list (the 'c' key) and select addon settings.

Just to make this a little more clear for anyone else who ended up as frustrated with this as I was.... your user ID is not your songza user NAME but rather your numerical user ID. ie: my songza user name is wakawakalj, but my songza user ID is 12826790. It can be found by logging in and going to your songza profile - it is in the http string - http://songza.com/user/12826790/.

BTW - love this plugin, thanks!
First of all, great plugin. Today I'm getting a script error and plugin isn't working. I tried reinstalling it, but still not working. Anyone else having issues or is it just me?
I have a depencies not met when trying to install on OpenELEC 4.0 (Gotham build)
Big Grin 
(2014-01-30, 07:49)wakawakalj Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 19:33)avens19 Wrote:
Thanks again.

Just to make this a little more clear for anyone else who ended up as frustrated with this as I was.... your user ID is not your songza user NAME but rather your numerical user ID. ie: my songza user name is wakawakalj, but my songza user ID is 12826790. It can be found by logging in and going to your songza profile - it is in the http string - http://songza.com/user/12826790/.

BTW - love this plugin, thanks!

That is great! Thanks for the help. It is working very well now.
Hey guys, I added in some logic to make the lists load faster. Here's the new zip: https://github.com/ByALongShot/XBMC-Plug...-1.0.0.zip
Hey everyone,

now that gotham is in beta, any chance this addon will be updated ?
(2014-02-07, 18:56)doucettom Wrote: I have a depencies not met when trying to install on OpenELEC 4.0 (Gotham build)

Any update ? As this is preventing me from trying OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1 as I am using Songza A LOT on my XBMC box.
Just wanted to add that the plugin is working just fine in the windows build of XBMC 13.0 Beta 1. I did not sign in just used the concierge option and its playing awesome with visualations.
(2014-03-09, 00:42)doucettom Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 18:56)doucettom Wrote: I have a depencies not met when trying to install on OpenELEC 4.0 (Gotham build)

Any update ? As this is preventing me from trying OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1 as I am using Songza A LOT on my XBMC box.

I found this...

Code:
18:43:58 T:139657206884224   DEBUG: CSmbFile::Open - opened Films/Addons/plugin.audio.songza-1.0.0.zip, fd=10000
18:43:58 T:139657206884224   DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10000
18:43:58 T:139657206884224   DEBUG: Addon plugin.audio.songza requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available

I will try to fix it myself but seems like something pretty straightforward to fix ! Smile

and my version of Python:
Code:
Tom-HTPC:~/.xbmc/temp # python -V
Python 2.7.3
I dirty fixed it. Is there any place I can upload it as I am now happily listening to my Today's Heavy Rock favorite station Smile
Awesome stuff!! I love Songza.

But it stops after a while. I have a dialog showing up on the TV saying it couldn't load the file and stops playing. The internet connection didn't cut, and it works fine with the Android app or in the browser on a laptop.

Any idea what's going on?

Using OpenELEC 3.2.4
Same for me. Usually plays 2 - 5 songs then the same dialog box. Running same OpenELEC version on a RPi. Curiously, the Pandora plugin usually only plays about the same number of songs before it exits out to the main menu too. I've wondered if it might be caused by the same issue, b/c of some limitation w/ the RPi.
ok... do we still have dev on this?
Trying to get it working on Gotham but can't.. Is this supported on Gotham?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Songza Music Plugin3