How To Show iPhone Artwork When Playing Music
Hello

I have an XBMC 12.2 Frodo with Windows 7 (U). If my music in the iPhone 5 has artwork in it how do I enable it to show on XBMC ? Using airplay with it. The music plays fine but I would like to get the album artwork with the song title and info on the screen or somehow rotating.

Thank you
Depends on the used iOS version you have. IIRC iOS 5.xx doesn't send artwork to unlicensed airplayreceivers (like XBMC). On iOS 6.x apple allowed that again and you should see title/artist/album + the cdcover automatically in XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have iOS 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5. Do you have to enable some special settings on XBMC ? As I'm enabling the song with XBMC. Its playing fine but doesn't show any info or album artwork.
Nope no special setting. Either we get the metadata sent or not. In your case it seems we are not getting them. Maybe Apple decided differently again and disallowed metadata for non certified airplay receivers again on ios 6.1.x. There is nothing we can do about it. If metadata is received it will be shown for sure.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Show iPhone Artwork When Playing Music0