"Play CD/DVD" menu item missing?
I've just upgraded from Eden to Frodo 12.2 and Aeon NOX from 3.6.3 to 4.0.9.

In my previous setup when I inserted a DVD (auto play turned off), a "Play CD/DVD" menu item would appear allowing start of the disc playback. If there was no disc in the drive, the menu item disappeared.

In v4, this doesn't happen and the only way I've been able to find to play a disc is to turn the auto play option back on and insert a disc.

I did try the "Play Disc" option under the Video/Files menu which does start the disc playing, but is there anyway to put this on the main menu rather than having it drilled way down in the structure? I don't normally keep the Video item on the main menu as it is a little redundant to other main menu items and confusing to casual users.

Is the appearing/disappearing "Play CD/DVD" menu item going to be redeveloped in the future or is it gone forever?

Thanks
Found how to get the "Play DVD" button, but still wonder if the automatic "Play CD/DVD" function will ever return?
Where did you find this?

Found out some more about it automatic get visible if the DVD/CD is inserted?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Went to "Settings / Skin / Customizers / Main Menu Items", selected a Custom item and edited it. Under Type choose "Pre Defined Function" and there's a function for "PlayDVD"

This stays on the Menu bar all the time, but that's fine for me. Since I don't run Auto start, I just click it once I put in a disc.

Never found anything about the old behavior of having the icon appear/disappear. Obviously never got a response to the question either.

Good luck.
Thanks, this was nice to get! :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2013-08-11, 13:34)pettergulbra Wrote: Thanks, this was nice to get! :-)

I was having the same issue where I would insert a DVD(external USB drivebecause my internal died and this was my fastest, cheapest option) and Kodi would act like it wasn't there.  I could browse it in the File Manager, but couldn't figure out how to get it to play the movie.  I know this is a board from a long time ago, but it kept coming up in multiple Google searches trying to find a solution.  So, I wanted to try and post my resolution here for anybody else.  I found a suggestion in this board: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303608  I had to change the drive letter for the external drive to the lowest letter possible (From G: to E: in my case)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play CD/DVD" menu item missing?0