XBMC 13 trying to use VDPAU although it shouldn't
Hi.
I upgraded from XBMC 12 to latest unstable yesterday and since then I can't watch some movies, XBMC simply crashes when trying. It seems in the log XBMC tries to use VDPAU, which I have no support for whatsoever. All the settings for enabling/disabling hardware acceleration seems to be completely gone in XBMC 13 and I can't really find out how to tell XBMC to not use acceleration. Anyone?

This is Ubuntu precise, running XBMC from unstable ppa.

/Daniel

edit: Oh, and I don't know if this is relevant now that the settings have been separated from the skin, but I'm running Confluence.
Seems I solved it myself. Simply edited guisettings.xml and changed usevdpau to false. Don't know if that's the right way, but it works now Cool

/Daniel
There is a settings refactor going on in Gotham alpha builds. The last xbmc website post has a nice writeup on them.
(2013-06-06, 00:12)Kibje Wrote: There is a settings refactor going on in Gotham alpha builds. The last xbmc website post has a nice writeup on them.

Yep, I know that. I just needed (or not as it turned out) help finding the particular setting that made my system unusable Tongue

/Daniel

edit: Btw, wouldn't it be better if XBMC just didn't use vdpau on systems without support for it? If the vdpau on/off setting is classed as advanced, a normal user shouldn't need to fiddle with it.
I'd be very interesting to see a debug log of this issue. Having vdpau/vaapi/(xvba) enabled on systems that do not support them should not be a problem. Xbmc usually just ignores that.
(2013-06-06, 14:06)wsnipex Wrote: I'd be very interesting to see a debug log of this issue. Having vdpau/vaapi/(xvba) enabled on systems that do not support them should not be a problem. Xbmc usually just ignores that.

I'll fix that.

/Daniel
(2013-06-06, 14:06)wsnipex Wrote: I'd be very interesting to see a debug log of this issue. Having vdpau/vaapi/(xvba) enabled on systems that do not support them should not be a problem. Xbmc usually just ignores that.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25346

I don't see anything really indicating what happens in the above log though...

/Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 trying to use VDPAU although it shouldn't0