How to modify the built-in Dim screensaver?
I'd like to modify the built-in Dim screensaver but am unable to find its source. Is it buried deeper than the "screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim" folder? because there's very little there.

If the answer is that most of its code is tucked into the kernel and / or the source cannot be modified without hacking XBMC, then can anyone post a simple framework for a screensaver?

Basically I have some code i'd like to have run after a certain period of XBMC inactivity and using a screensaver framework seems the best way to do it.

Suggestions? Sample code?
the dim screensaver can indeed only be altered by hacking the xbmc source code.

you could write a python based screensaver though.
there's not much to it, just make sure the extention point = 'xbmc.ui.screensaver'
and listen for onScreensaverDeactivated callbacks.
for the rest, you can pretty much do whatever you like.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the reply! Actually I think I'm gonna implement this as an applescript. Will only work on OSX installs, but that's what I'm running and writing a python addon without a template is beyond the scope for this issue.
fogcity,

Correct me if I'm wrong ronie, but I believe this would be the closest thing to a python template for a screensaver: https://github.com/dersphere/script.screensaver.test
(2013-06-08, 20:18)Tim. Wrote: fogcity,

Correct me if I'm wrong ronie, but I believe this would be the closest thing to a python template for a screensaver: https://github.com/dersphere/script.screensaver.test
I used that as a base for my screensaver
How can i get a copy of the DIM screensaver to mod it to fit my needs?
Or how can I get the same DIM effect (incl. dim level) ?
using a screensaver for this sounds dim (pun intended). all you need is a simple service script polling the idle timer now and then..

there is no dim screensaver code. it's just a simple alpha blend done by the rendering engine..
(2014-09-22, 09:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: using a screensaver for this sounds dim (pun intended). all you need is a simple service script polling the idle timer now and then..

there is no dim screensaver code. it's just a simple alpha blend done by the rendering engine..

Yeah i figured it out now.
I looked at slideshow screensaver and copy/pasted DIM functionality to my version and now it works as expected.

Thanks.
Hi guys,
I'm running XBMC on Raspberry (Raspbmc) and I'm trying rPlay that it's a program in order to use Apple Airplay mirroring feature on Raspberry... rPlay works only if XBMC is not running but I discover that if the Dim screensaver of XBMC starts I can see both the XBMC and the rPlay screens togheter (50% transparency?).
Is itp ossible to modify or create an XBMC screensaver that works like the Dim screensaver but with a different transparency so that only the background is shown? That will fix my problem to had to close XBMC every time i have to use rPlay...

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to modify the built-in Dim screensaver?0