• 6(current)
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.1
(2014-02-22, 19:34)robweber Wrote: Please do. From the looks of the log it is trying a "GetDirectory" action when really it should just be pulling that one image. The script is getting the image location directly from XBMC so there shouldn't be any confusion at that level about where the file actually lives. If it is working for one category and not another I think the skin code would be a good place to check first. I tried to take a quick look but without be familiar with that skin it was hard to find exactly what pieces are visible and when. Please post back if you find anything.

Hi again.

I updated the support for script.grab.fanart and now everything seems to work properly.

The fix is included in the next update of my Rapier mod.

laconical: please report back if this fixes our problems.

The update will be in this thread soon.
@robweber

I've been trying to help a guy who seems to have a problem with 'script.grab.fanart' taking a long time to finish when he shuts down XBMC.

Could you please have a look at the post below and the accompanying debug log to see if this is indeed the case and if so, why?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189639

Thanks.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

Please remove the log spamming from the script. it's making debugging XBMC near useless when this script is forced installed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Done. I've experienced this being a problem as well. Pull request being sent now.
I don't want to spam you, but finaly found this thread and think it can help you to know i have a bug with your Fanart Grabber :'
It make me an UTF8 error, i think when it try to read an NFO in UTF8 ??

Code:
17:45:01 T:1588  NOTICE: script.grab.fanart: Grab Fanart Service Started
17:45:03 T:1588   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 30: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 351, in <module>
                                                GrabFanartService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 37, in __init__
                                                self.grabRandom()
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 158, in grabRandom
                                                media_array = self.getJSON('VideoLibrary.GetMovies','{"properties":["title","art","year","file","plot"]}')
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 319, in getJSON
                                                jsonobject = json.loads(json_response)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 365, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 381, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 30: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Maybe you can update it for a future update ?
Thanks
That is very interesting. The actual root of the error is in the json python library - something about the returned JSON response threw a decode error. I'm going to pass this along to one of the XBMC devs on the Trac website. I think the JSON-RPC server should probably strip that stuff out before returning it rather than the library having to worry about it. It must have been something in the Title or Plot of the film that it didn't like. Do you have any non-English titles in your movie library?

I could certainly write a try/catch for this, but the result would be no movies being grabbed as this is happening at the JSON decode level. Would stop the error but kind of be useless for you.
(2014-05-07, 23:41)darknior Wrote: I don't want to spam you, but finaly found this thread and think it can help you to know i have a bug with your Fanart Grabber :'
It make me an UTF8 error, i think when it try to read an NFO in UTF8 ??

Code:
17:45:01 T:1588  NOTICE: script.grab.fanart: Grab Fanart Service Started
17:45:03 T:1588   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 30: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 351, in <module>
                                                GrabFanartService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 37, in __init__
                                                self.grabRandom()
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 158, in grabRandom
                                                media_array = self.getJSON('VideoLibrary.GetMovies','{"properties":["title","art","year","file","plot"]}')
                                              File "C:\Users\Darknior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\service.py", line 319, in getJSON
                                                jsonobject = json.loads(json_response)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 365, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 381, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 30: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Maybe you can update it for a future update ?
Thanks

The more I looked at this the more I thought I'd try something. I've added a decode() function to try and replace the non standard characters that the json parser doesn't seem to like. I've pushed it to a new branch on github. If you could try out - https://github.com/robweber/script.grab....decode.zip this file and see if it helps that would be great. Hard for me to reproduce this myself.
Hi,

A short feedback:
I got the same error message for some weeks (most of the titles in my movie library are in French) but didn't take care of it until yesterday. I quickly found this post and updated with v 0.13.1: the error message has disapeared.

Thanks a lot for your job.
Using script.grab.fanart 0.13.2 as part of Aeon Nox 5 (5.1.3) I come across some blank movie fanarts for random fanart as backgrounds. (XBMC 13.1 on Windows 7 x64)

I'm note sure if the problem is with the fanart jpeg, the skin or the script.

Code:
7:28:01 T:9132 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - Unsupported protocol(image) in image://smb%3a%2f%2f192.168.1.22%2fMyBook%2fVideos%2fMovies%2fRed%20Dog%20(2011)%2ffanart.jpg/
17:28:21 T:9132 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - Unsupported protocol(image) in image://smb%3a%2f%2f192.168.1.22%2fRdrive%2fVideos%2fMovies%2fThe%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20-%20The%20Fellowship%20of%20the%20Ring%20(2001)%2ffanart.jpg/[/size]

If I specify any background as "Random Fanart" all the music, TV Show fanarts work - it's only certain Movie fanarts that have the 'unsupported protocol' message.

I can view the files that fail outside of XBMC. They're 1920 x 1080 x 24bit files - but other files with these characteristics are fine.

I can't seem to work out what may be causing the protocol issue.

Do these protocol errors point towards the script, or is it the skin that may throwing the error?
Or is there something I can check about the characteristics of the pictures?

Thanks.
Hi,

I just committed 13.2 yesterday - staying on the latest and greatest!

The error you're seeing is an XBMC file error. The XFILE::CDirectoryFactory is an internal XBMC C++ class. My guess is that it doesn't like something about the picture you are trying to load. Could be characters in the filename or something about the image itself. I don't know alot about Aeon Nox but does it have views in the Movie area where you can see the fanart as a background or something? I'd be curious if you found the movie in your movie list if the background would show up there - it should be loading the same image name.

I also tried to search for that error in both the forum and on trac - couldn't find anything. Might be worth a ticket on trac.xbmc.org
guess it doesn't like the / after fanar​t.jpg
(2014-05-08, 19:08)robweber Wrote: That is very interesting. The actual root of the error is in the json python library - something about the returned JSON response threw a decode error. I'm going to pass this along to one of the XBMC devs on the Trac website. I think the JSON-RPC server should probably strip that stuff out before returning it rather than the library having to worry about it. It must have been something in the Title or Plot of the film that it didn't like. Do you have any non-English titles in your movie library?

I could certainly write a try/catch for this, but the result would be no movies being grabbed as this is happening at the JSON decode level. Would stop the error but kind of be useless for you.

JSON-RPC will not be stripping anything. crap in is crap out.
either the movie was adding before a lot of fixing in core or something else. trac ticket will be left untouched i think.
as he says he uses NFO file so the problem is in there. NFO files need to be UTF8
(2014-07-31, 15:51)Martijn Wrote: guess it doesn't like the / after fanar​t.jpg

I had wondered that too but wasn't sure if that was normal in the image:// path names. How would that have been introduced - it was returned by the JSON request so maybe it's in the DB that way?

(2014-07-31, 15:52)Martijn Wrote: JSON-RPC will not be stripping anything. crap in is crap out.
either the movie was adding before a lot of fixing in core or something else. trac ticket will be left untouched i think.
as he says he uses NFO file so the problem is in there. NFO files need to be UTF8

Good call. I ended up adding a UTF8 decode before trying to parse the returned JSON object within the addon. Seemed to do the trick but having your data be compliant from the start would be the best bet.
The trailing slash on JSON urls is normal.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-31, 15:43)robweber Wrote: Hi,

I just committed 13.2 yesterday - staying on the latest and greatest!

The error you're seeing is an XBMC file error. The XFILE::CDirectoryFactory is an internal XBMC C++ class. My guess is that it doesn't like something about the picture you are trying to load. Could be characters in the filename or something about the image itself. I don't know alot about Aeon Nox but does it have views in the Movie area where you can see the fanart as a background or something? I'd be curious if you found the movie in your movie list if the background would show up there - it should be loading the same image name.

I also tried to search for that error in both the forum and on trac - couldn't find anything. Might be worth a ticket on trac.xbmc.org
Yes, the fanarts that have the 'protocol error' show as backgrounds OK in Aeon Nox if I select the movie.

I'll keep digging and might wipe out the library on a test system and rescan. I thought I noticed one fanart with the protocol error that I'd previously seen appear as one of the random fanart backgrounds - so I'm now not sure if it's a file specific error.

More testing I think.

EDIT: I just noticed Aeon Nox can still display some random fanart backgrounds correctly - even when I'm not connected to the network where the fanarts (and movies) are stored. So it must be getting it from the library image cache. But I still get the 'unsupported protocol(image)' error pointing to the SMB share location for the blank fanarts. I'll drop a post on the Aeon Nox 5 thread as well.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.13