Issues w/ XBMC + Win 8 + Netflix
I recently decided to install Win 8 in order to use the Metro apps for Netflix and Hulu. After i got everything installed I noticed some issues when running Netflix. I set up a launcher for the Netflix Metro app w/ advance launcher and it works great! But when watching anything in Netflix i get video synch issues. The video seems to delay slightly and after about a minute the audio/video is completely out of synch. If I switch back and close out XBMC, Netflix runs fine. I checked my performance and CPU usage is around 40% when both are running together, around 25% when XBMC is closed out. Didnt have this kind of issue w/ win 7.

PC specs: Dell Studio Hybrid 140g T8300 Core 2 CPU (2.4ghz), 4GB ram.
How did you set up the Netflix Metro app to work with Advance Launcher? I've tried but I only get a loading stream dialog. Netflix doesn't even open.
(2013-06-06, 23:01)Munkee915 Wrote: I recently decided to install Win 8 in order to use the Metro apps for Netflix and Hulu. After i got everything installed I noticed some issues when running Netflix. I set up a launcher for the Netflix Metro app w/ advance launcher and it works great! But when watching anything in Netflix i get video synch issues. The video seems to delay slightly and after about a minute the audio/video is completely out of synch. If I switch back and close out XBMC, Netflix runs fine. I checked my performance and CPU usage is around 40% when both are running together, around 25% when XBMC is closed out. Didnt have this kind of issue w/ win 7.

PC specs: Dell Studio Hybrid 140g T8300 Core 2 CPU (2.4ghz), 4GB ram.
You can create and use a small .bat script that will suspend XBMC (or close XBMC) while Netflix is running. It will surely reduce XBMC CPU usage, and may fix your video synch issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues w/ XBMC + Win 8 + Netflix0