Windows ☆ Build #1
I've bought a bunch of the ECS boards for customer builds and each one came with a mini-PCIe wifi card.
So it hit me at 4am....until I complete the build and since I'm strictly running XBMC... why not run a miracAst or super long hdmi cord from my pc upstairs to my living room TV that's directly underneath the office where the PC is. To control everything ... The XBMC app for of course .....my IPhone ...figured I should put it to better use instead of using it for the forums, I apologize again!!

The answer was literally right under my nose all this time typing away
This is truly the cheapest HTPC!! ...A fast PC that is already running XBMC right above me.

Has anyone tried wireless hdmi ?
IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit with Full HD 1080P and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio
IOGEAR (4)

Is there any other products or setups anyone has done similar to this just as a temp XbmC fix?
I just ordered the ingredients of this build. It will be my first experience with building my own pc/htpc, so I am looking forward to it. With this being my first time I have two questions that come to mind:
I will need a Windows OS as well - I am looking at "Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit". But should I take 32 or 64 bit - or Windows 7 or 8?

And how does one install windows without a disc drive?
To answer my own question: I bought installation discs with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Professional.
Then I found out that I should install with USB - for which purpose a free download and a +4GB USB stick would do.
(2013-08-09, 19:47)Rourke Wrote: I'm considering buying this setup. However I want to use XBMC in it's full glory, which means heavy skins and quite some add-ons. I want to use this machine solely for this purpose. But while having those requirements I want XBMC to run as smooth as a baby's ass.

I have a NAS system running with hundreds of movies and TV shows so (with the heavy skins in mind) will this be a problem when it comes to interface speed?
Can one of you guys who own the G1610 answer this question? Are heavy skins like Aeon Nox completely fluid with this chip? Or do you need to step up to an i3?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows ☆ Build #10