XBMC 12.2 and VDR 2.0.0
Hi,

I cannot make XBMC and VDR work together. A configuration of the system is as follows:
  • vdr 2.0.0 (the link points to output of vdr -V)
  • vdr-plugin-vnsi: source code downloaded from the GitHub repository opdenkamp / xbmc-pvr-addons , branch frodo; I could not use the FernetMenta repository as the frodo branch in that repository contains vnsi v.4 which is not compatible with the XBMC version referred below
  • XBMC: 12.2 Frodo Git 32b1a5e, VNSI addon v. 1.6.4 (all packaged as OpenELEC v.3.0.3 for RPi)

Here are links to the relevant XBMC and VDR logs.

From a user perspective, a symptom of the problem is such that upon starting XBMC, it loads EPG not only from a database but also from the backend (i.e. VDR). When a channel (FTA) gets selected, XBMC shortly says "working" and then "VDR VNSI lost signal" (or whatever the message is, I may not remember it right).

VDR is run using the following command line:
Code:
vdr -P'vnsiserver3'
When using the VDR plugin streamdev-server, all work fine.

Could someone give me a hint on how to make XBMC 12.2 work with VDR 2.0.0? Thank you in advance.
looks like vdr fails tuning to the channel:
frontend 0/0 timed out while tuning to channel 11, tp 212525

are you sure, your drivers work correctly:
Jun 7 10:36:57 localhost vdr: [16114] ERROR: can't query delivery systems on frontend 0/0 - falling back to legacy mode
Yes, you were absolutely right with vdr failing to tune a channel. The reason for this was that vdr (while using the vnsi plugin) chose to use the DVB device 0 which did not have an LNB attached. On the other hand, vdr running with the streamdev-server plugin used the DVB device 1 (which had an LNB attached). Simply put, using the -D 1 option when invoking vdr made the trick. All working fine now. Thanks.

BTW, FernetMenta, thank you for all your good work for and commitment to the XBMC community.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.2 and VDR 2.0.00