File Manager
Videos
Music
Pictures
Programs
TV

... but no MOVIES?

Is there a reason for this?

More to the point, where would I go to manually add MOVIES to these choices? Looks like it's not in the skins but part of XBMC core, but I'm clueless as to where.
Sorry , I misread.

What skin are you using ?
What version of XBMC are you using ?
I am using XBMC v 12.2. (Frodo) with the reFocus skin, but I've tried confluence and several other skins, same problem

I have 165 movies in the library, and there is a MOVIES menu item on the home screen, but i've rebooted and rebuilt the library a few times just to be sure that's not the problem

Is MOVIES supposed to be an option in Settings > Appearance > Skin > Startup Window ?
Its not there even with other skins.
(2013-06-08, 12:50)TeKo Wrote: Its not there even with other skins.

Is that a question or a statement?

If it's a question, the answer is yes, the MOVIES option isn't there regardless of what skin i use.
Other skins have the option, but it will be within their own skin settings.
(2013-06-08, 15:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Other skins have the option, but it will be within their own skin settings.

OK, is there a way to extend a skin to include this option? Any way to do this and not not end up with a frankenstein skin that can't accept upgrades by the original skin developer?
An autoexec.py file could probably do the job simply enough without modifying the skin files:

save the following as a text file called autoexec.py and place it in the userdata (wiki) folder:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary,movietitles)')

I think you'll see the home screen for a second, but it should at least automatically take you to the movies view.
(2013-06-09, 00:46)Ned Scott Wrote: An autoexec.py file could probably do the job simply enough without modifying the skin files:

save the following as a text file called autoexec.py and place it in the userdata (wiki) folder:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary,movietitles)')

I think you'll see the home screen for a second, but it should at least automatically take you to the movies view.

BINGO

Thanks, Ned. Five gold stars for you.
Ah, but I cheated and googled for the py example :D

Funny enough, I found it on the XBMC Wiki, and didn't know it was there ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set Startup Window to MOVIES?0