Can the Raspberry Pi output HD audio over HDMI into an Onkyo receiver?
So I am about to pull the trigger on a Raspberry Pi but had a question about audio. I have a 7.1 Onkyo AVR and was looking to connect it to the receiver via HDMI and then connect another HDMI into my HDTV (similar to how I have my PS3). Is this the correct way to do it?

I am mainly looking to stream online through Raspbmc would I get Dolby/DTS HD audio if that's what the source I'm streaming is?
did you try search at all Huh this was discussed so many times and you have one the thread on first page
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150365&page=3
Just to add if your steaming online your unlikely to be streaming with hd audio most streams will be dd or dts
(2013-06-08, 10:19)rikardo1979 Wrote: did you try search at all Huh this was discussed so many times and you have one the thread on first page
I do have a thread but audio wasn't discussed, get off your high horse man no need to be a jerk about it. I did see that audio thread but as you saw in my other post am new to this barely understanding everything, so saw people were talking about mkv HD audio and what I actually wanted to know about was Dolby/DTS audio when streaming.

(2013-06-08, 10:34)goujam Wrote: Just to add if your steaming online your unlikely to be streaming with hd audio most streams will be dd or dts
Thanks goujam for pointing this out, not HD audio but Dolby/DTS is what I meant !
(2013-06-08, 11:09)Jay1220 Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 10:19)rikardo1979 Wrote: did you try search at all Huh this was discussed so many times and you have one the thread on first page
I do have a thread but audio wasn't discussed, get off your high horse man no need to be a jerk about it. I did see that audio thread but as you saw in my other post am new to this barely understanding everything, so saw people were talking about mkv HD audio and what I actually wanted to know about was Dolby/DTS audio when streaming.

(2013-06-08, 10:34)goujam Wrote: Just to add if your steaming online your unlikely to be streaming with hd audio most streams will be dd or dts
Thanks goujam for pointing this out, not HD audio but Dolby/DTS is what I meant !

jerk?? dont see where, anyway the search is the first thing you should do before you open new thread Wink and you asked for HD Audio formats (even your thread name is "..output HD audio over HDMI..") where now you referring to DD/DTS

take it easy man Wink
Cool

and yes, if source is DD or DTS and you go HDMI>ONKYO it will play DD or DTS but not HD (DTS-MA HD or TrueHD)
(2013-06-08, 12:29)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 11:09)Jay1220 Wrote:

jerk?? dont see where, anyway the search is the first thing you should do before you open new thread Wink and you asked for HD Audio formats (even your thread name is "..output HD audio over HDMI..") where now you referring to DD/DTS

take it easy man Wink
Cool

and yes, if source is DD or DTS and you go HDMI>ONKYO it will play DD or DTS but not HD (DTS-MA HD or TrueHD)
I'm saying don't go all internet whambulance on me man, didnt know what the hell this Pi was or how audio worked on it a couple nights ago LOL. I'm not real techy so don't know all the terminology figured why butt into that other thread which I didn't fully understand, might as well make a new thread asking specifically what I was wondering about which was DTS and Dolby. All good man understood now thanks Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the Raspberry Pi output HD audio over HDMI into an Onkyo receiver?0