BluRay, External Players, DAC and Launcher
Hi,

First of all, thanks so much for this beautiful program, it's an amazing one and you guys are doing a crazy good job !

I have some interrogations about some specific parts of XBMC and I did not really found (on the forum) up to date answers to them.
I'm sorry if it seems obvious for some of you but I'm still strugling a bit... Tongue
I ask for both XP and 7 because I use both... Big Grin

What is the best way to read encrypted bluray under XBMC (or not if there is no "good" way) today?

Is there any real gain in using external players today compared to the original ones inside Frodo (like mpc-hc and ffdshow for example)?

How do I configure XBMC (and Windows maybe) if my audio is handle by a USB or coaxial DAC (and then by the ampli) ?

And finally, is there a way to launch XBMC at the startup of windows but only after Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, SABnzbd, TeamViewer and Bliss are already launched?

Thanks a lot.
Monkee
For reading encrypted disks you need a software like AnyDVDHD running in the background. XBMC won't play encrypted disks without removing the encryption.

External players are useful for playing blu-ray disks, 3d movies etc. For all other type of files, XBMC is more than enough.

DAC should appear as an audio device in xbmc.

You need to create a batch file for this. Autohotkey scripts can be used for this easily.
Thanks baijuxavior. Nod

Concerning the Autohotkey scripts, do you have a website or an advice on how to do it because I have zero experience in creating batch files.
Creating autohotkey script is very easy. Download and install autohotkey. Right click desktop or inside any folder > New > Autohotkey script. Right click the file so created and select edit. The file will open in notepad. I will give you some hints. To run an application the command is Run, path to application. You can add delay using Sleep, delay in ms.

Example:

Run, C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe.
Sleep, 1000

After saving the file move it to startup folder.

If in doubt consult the excellent autohotkey help file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BluRay, External Players, DAC and Launcher0