TV plays the second time I pick a channel
Hi Folks.

I'm hoping someone may be able to help, please:

I've recently installed XBMC 12.2, as well as NPVR 2.6.2 and started trying to get them to play live TV and radio from my cheapo RTL2832U based usb tuner.

I've got channels scanned with NPVR and it'll switch live TV channels just fine, as will the app I got with the tuner.

XMBC's connected and shows the EPG OK, but it displays the first channel in the list no matter which I choose (and it's bl@@dy QVC!)

Is there something I've missed in setting this up or can anyone suggest anything worth trying please?
If you can reproduce the problem, and post the xbmc.log and web.log/nrecord.log, I'll take a look.
(2013-06-10, 04:10)sub3 Wrote: If you can reproduce the problem, and post the xbmc.log and web.log/nrecord.log, I'll take a look.

Hi sub3,

Thanks a lot.

I couldn't find a way to attach them directly, so I've put them up in my DropBox: NRecord.log, web.log and xbmc.log

They should show me opening XBMC, going to Live TV and choosing BBC1 (second channel in the list), but being shown QVC (the first channel in the list) and then closing XBMC.

(I hope it doesn't cause a problem, but I've removed some collection-specific stuff from XBMC.log. Just it logging some video files it's found and tried to look up)

Hope there's something helpful in them..

'tunes

Edit:

I've had another play around with settings (video renderer in NPVR), I've got it to work every now and then.

now, if I do this - I get this:
Pick BBC One - after about 5 seconds of Working..., got BBC One
Stop BBC One - stopped
Pick BBC Two - Working.. then just a counter along the top as if videos playing, but I'm left at the channel list and hear nothing
Stop BBC Two - counter dissapears
Pick BBC Two again - plays BBC Two
Stop BBC Two - stopped
Pick ITV - Working... then counter but still at channel list
Stop ITV - stopped
Pick ITV - Working... for about five seconds, then played ITV

I've attached fresh logs here if someone could take a look, please
It looks like you have multiple channels with the same channel number. Check in NextPVR's Settings->Channels screen. You should make sure you have a unique channel number for each channel.
(2013-06-10, 20:08)sub3 Wrote: It looks like you have multiple channels with the same channel number. Check in NextPVR's Settings->Channels screen. You should make sure you have a unique channel number for each channel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've gone through and am now sure I don't have any duplicate channel numbers set in NPVR... but XBMC still does the same thing.

If I open a channel, itll open OK for the first time. I have to select each channel after that twice, seeing just the progress bar on the first attempt and proper video on the 2nd.

I've re-logged it in case it's of any use, and would appreciate any other suggestions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV plays the second time I pick a channel0