Intel NUC OEM+ [Simerec / IR-RC6 internal mod] + Light Dims!
It will work but apparantly you cant program for the Context menu Sad

(2013-09-03, 15:22)asmp Wrote: Hi there!

Jammyb congrats on you mod, it's very nice!

May I ask you why everybody refers to this RC6 dongle? I understand that it is the IR dongle that allows any remote to control the XBMC keys (play, pause, etc) but does it need to have the RC6 protocol?

Could this dongle work? I dont't think that it has RC6 protocol: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control-...remote+MCE

Thanks
RC6 is the standard that works with MCE and XBMC out the box.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Just testing the waters here. What do you reckon this modified NUC is worth?

Contemplating selling it to make something else.

I'm based in the UK Smile

Would be fully boxed including a fresh copy of openELEC XBMC on the 32GB SSD, 4GB ram, internal RC6 IR and simerec.com. All covered with lightdims.com.

And a remote.

Anyone interested?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Just installed an intel 6230 wifi/bluetooth card.

This NUC is hitting eBay!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Post the link when you get it listed. I'll watch it and maybe bid at the end. Wink
(2013-09-08, 14:09)jammyb Wrote: Just testing the waters here. What do you reckon this modified NUC is worth?

Would be fully boxed including a fresh copy of openELEC XBMC on the 32GB SSD, 4GB ram, internal RC6 IR and simerec.com. All covered with lightdims.com.

And a remote.

Anyone interested?

Not sure about that. Haswell NUCs will be released in september and will include an IR port.
(2013-09-08, 21:59)lowfi Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 14:09)jammyb Wrote: Just testing the waters here. What do you reckon this modified NUC is worth?

And a remote.

Anyone interested?

Not sure about that. Haswell NUCs will be released in september and will include an IR port.

WTF you on about?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I live in the UK, I'd be quite interested, is this an i3? Probably wouldn't want to spend more than £250 though, otherwise I can just make my own; no interested in the box or remote control etc. Keep us all posted.
(2013-09-09, 16:34)slowpoke115 Wrote: I live in the UK, I'd be quite interested, is this an i3? Probably wouldn't want to spend more than £250 though, otherwise I can just make my own; no interested in the box or remote control etc. Keep us all posted.

You can't have it if you don't know what it is. Sorry!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Celeron... pity. I'd be a bit more friendly to people offering you money by the way, even if they are barking up the wrong tree - bit of politeness goes a long way when people are parting with a £200+
(2013-09-09, 23:07)slowpoke115 Wrote: Celeron... pity. I'd be a bit more friendly to people offering you money by the way, even if they are barking up the wrong tree - bit of politeness goes a long way when people are parting with a £200+

Go build your own one then bud. I'm not selling mine to you and I don't need to be told when to be polite thanks. You don't need to be patronising. Smile

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Well, that took an odd turn o.O

Be nice guys. We all put our pants on one leg at a time, and have an inherit fear that the zipper will eat our penis.
Ned, feel free to delete page 6 of this thread. Or posts 51 onwards. If you can't. Who's the mod I gotta talk to?

Cheers

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Look at this on eBay:

INTEL NUC DCCP847DYE HTPC SSD RAM WIFI BLUETOOTH REMOTE RC6 IR SIMEREC XBMC

http://bit.ly/1e34hv5

Edit after a few PM's received.

Feel free to message me with offers. But I'm not going to explain what each part is or the capabilities of the Celeron etc etc. That is what the WIKI is for and the main NUC thread and my build thread.

Cheers!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

This is probably obvious but I need to be sure. Any issues with the IR signal getting through those lightdims?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC OEM+ [Simerec / IR-RC6 internal mod] + Light Dims!4