Intel NUC OEM+ [Simerec / IR-RC6 internal mod] + Light Dims!
Nope. None what so ever. Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Perfect. Time to order me a bunch of LightDims!
make sure not to order the blackout versions, those do interfere with the ir signal
Great point. Thanks. I ordered one pack of the customizable and one pack of the all different sizes.
I didn't order the blackout ones as I figured that these could interfere and also, there was no point as the things I wanted to cover didn't light up! Smile

But they work well.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Ends this evening guys!

Look at this on eBay:

INTEL NUC DCCP847DYE HTPC SSD RAM WIFI BLUETOOTH REMOTE RC6 IR SIMEREC XBMC

http://bit.ly/1e34hv5

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

SOLD! 'Twas a bargain fo' sure!

Was great fun to mod and build. But now it's gone and time to move on! Hope the winner enjoys it as much as I did!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Nice job )
What was the reason for the two IR ?
I did this two years ago with a simerec with a single IR

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=simerec
2x IR has wanted on/off capability and remote control capability and neither could do both and I didn't want to do what you did [i'd already seen your post but wasn't 100% sure I'd be confident enough to combine so left it separate]

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Not a criticism, just curious end of the day it's whatever does the job Smile Now I'm curious to know if the mini receiver IR led is compatible (Think I'm due a refresh soon) Incidentally the simerec hardware has been faultless since I installed it and it's used daily.
You won't need to to any modding with simerec soon. They've got a new product coming. Once I have it you'll see a thread on it.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Why is it only my threads getting autobottedHuh

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I did a very similar thing but with a single IR sensor and a Teensy 2.0. Custom firmware was created to map any IR remote code with any keyboard key stroke. The firmware works with NEC, SHARP, SONY, SANYO and a variety of other IR code formats. Can turn ON or OFF the NUC, cost just ~$22 (Teensy, IR receiver, some wires and a micro USB plug ), no drivers needed under Win7 or greater (pre-Win7 requires a small MS driver). Here are some pictures:

Front View

Internals (with legend)

Internals (w/o legend)

Connecting these two connections (sticking a wire in the two holes) for a quick ~1/2 second count puts the Teensy in program mode.

Like to make my project open source, just don't have time to do all the leg work. I was surprised that a one device solution didn't exist to run on/off a PC via a standard TV remote control.
Great job! Tis good fun modding NUCs Smile

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-12-08, 00:20)average_male Wrote: I did a very similar thing but with a single IR sensor and a Teensy 2.0. Custom firmware was created to map any IR remote code with any keyboard key stroke. The firmware works with NEC, SHARP, SONY, SANYO and a variety of other IR code formats. Can turn ON or OFF the NUC, cost just ~$22 (Teensy, IR receiver, some wires and a micro USB plug ), no drivers needed under Win7 or greater (pre-Win7 requires a small MS driver). Here are some pictures:
Connecting these two connections (sticking a wire in the two holes) for a quick ~1/2 second count puts the Teensy in program mode.

Like to make my project open source, just don't have time to do all the leg work. I was surprised that a one device solution didn't exist to run on/off a PC via a standard TV remote control.

cool solution. providing a firmware/framework would be great!
though basic functionality is probably pretty easy to implement, it would be nice to have this as a maintainable project!

i do have a question (that i think i know the answer to). why are you using the usb data lines (or require a driver pre-win7)?
i suspect it is to allow you to program it without using another machine (thus having your environment always installed on the host itself)?

ive used these in the past for augmenting devices with ir power on:
http://diy.sickmods.net/Our_Products/XERC_2/Build_It/

these are a little cheaper to replicate, but perhaps not as flexible (depending on your needs for reprogramming (true ISP! Smile))

i would like to augment or build a design that incorporated a line-level (hard-wired) IR hand off (2.5/3.mm mono/mini-ts cable) for use with IR distribution or RF->IR bridges that commonly use this interface. using hardwired IR is really nice.

my current method of doing this is to add and wire a jack to the end of an internally located IR blaster positioned to hit the existing sensor (or one ive added).

this allows me to not have messy blaster wires and flashers stuck to the front of all of my devices. instead i have a clean cable that is easily removed from the rear of the unit. it also increases/ensures reliable IR signalling and can helps with issues where line of site or interference are a problem. no more worrying about the secure adhesion of the blaster, either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC OEM+ [Simerec / IR-RC6 internal mod] + Light Dims!4