Win Audio device settings
I've noticed recently that if I fail to switch on the amp prior to switching on the pc the audio device settings will revert to directsound: ati hdmi instead of the normal wasapi: ati hdmi. I then have to go into the system menu to change the setting back to using wasapi.

I don't ever recall having to do this in the past & all I needed to do was to reboot the pc with the amp on and the settings would correct back to wasapi. Is there any way to hard code this setting to use wasapi and avoid directsound?
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
What version of XBMC did you use in 'the past' and what do you use now ?
I'm currently using 12.2, prior to that I've updated as soon as a new version was released. I'm wondering whether this behaviour is unique to my setup (see signature) or xbmc is behaving as it should and this occurs for other users.
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
(2013-06-11, 18:25)Kibje Wrote: What version of XBMC did you use in 'the past' and what do you use now ?

I have also noted this type of behavior. My "previous" version was the final release of Eden. When I upgraded I went directly to 12.2.

I use a remote VNC connection to manage and configure this machine so it is often on when my AVR is off. If I screwed up and started a movie playing for example, the audio device could get screwed up. In Eden it would just post a message that the audio device couldn't be found.

It has helped that I went into Windows and disabled all but my AVR audio device, but it would still be nice to be able to lock XBMC to a particular audio device.

Win 7 64
i3-3225 with Intel audio
Denon 3808 AVR
(2013-03-21, 14:58)jjd-uk Wrote: I think the question here is more to do with the fact that XBMC can longer be set to use the Default audio device in Windows, if so this was by design within the new AudioEngine included within Frodo and thus is not a bug.

There has been some talk of bringing the ability back for Windows, as OSX has a similar setting and the ability to set Default device has been restored to that OS, but nothing concrete has been done for Windows yet.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...api+broken

I think this is the reason why if I have my amp off when I start frodo 12.2 the audio settings change from wasapi to directsound and I must manually change the setting again or else it stays set on directsound permanently. Please change it back to how it was in Eden Rolleyes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio device settings0