Win Custom Menu Item with YouTube?
Scoured the forums for this apparently simple answer without luck. I am using Transparency! (awesome) and would like to add YouTube as a Media Source on the Main (vertical) Menu.

Most answers suggest to make the YouTube AddOn a "favorite" and then add that favorite to the main menu using the built in custom tools...

What I cannot figure out how to do is to make the YouTube addon a favorite (I tried <hover-c> context menu without luck)...

I am guessing that the YouTube media source is now "native" to XBMC and therefore it does not offer a "favorite" context menu option???

Any help would be most welcome!
those instructions are still valid.
just go to video addons, highlight the youtube addon
and press 'c' on your key board (or whatever button on your remote that is mapped to context-menu)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-06-11, 10:02)ronie Wrote: those instructions are still valid.
just go to video addons, highlight the youtube addon
and press 'c' on your key board (or whatever button on your remote that is mapped to context-menu)

Hi Ronie and thanks for the reply!

As I mentioned in my first post, there is NO "add as favorites" context menu option on my system for the YouTube video addon. Please see the screengrab at: http://screencast.com/t/wrpLASVLO3I

Is there some system setting disables "add as favorites"??

There is probably a manual workaround (XML) for this, but I prefer to resolve the underlying problem if possible.

TIA,

Hugh
you're in the addon install section. that's the wrong place :-)

on the home menu, highlight 'movies'
press 'right' and select 'video addons'.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-06-11, 19:25)ronie Wrote: you're in the addon install section. that's the wrong place :-)

on the home menu, highlight 'movies'
press 'right' and select 'video addons'.

Thanks Ronie! That did the trick...

XBMC is definitely the bomb, but every once in a while it seems a little difficult to navigate...

I am a relatively seasoned (30 years) technologist that was unable to figure that out for more than a hour... DOH!

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu Item with YouTube?0