Android Ouya Advanced Settings
I have a mysql setup, so I need to edit the advancedsettings.xml file for xbmc setup. Ouya doesn't have native SSH support, is there some other way to access that file system and upload my own advancedsettings?
Hello,

I would suggest a filemanager with smb support, like solid explorer or similar. With this you can access a share on your PC and transfer the necessary files.

hal
You can even use XBMC's own file manager (wiki). Put the advancedsettings.xml file on an SMB share, then access and copy it over via XBMC's file manager. Though using an Android file manager might be easier, especially if you have a lot of files you want to transfer to and from the OUYA.
(2013-06-11, 22:22)Ned Scott Wrote: You can even use XBMC's own file manager (wiki). Put the advancedsettings.xml file on an SMB share, then access and copy it over via XBMC's file manager. Though using an Android file manager might be easier, especially if you have a lot of files you want to transfer to and from the OUYA.

The simple solutions are sometimes the best...
that worked, thanks. My only issue is that now I am having problems playing any videos over nfs, and I'll need to get into the machine to access to logs to figure out why. is there a way I can ssh into the machine? or is that off limits?
I'm fairly sure you can access just about anything in the OUYA. The OUYA guys were pretty big about not wanting to lock anything down. So if you can do it on Android, most likely you can do it on OUYA.

You can also use the debug log uploader add-on to access the logs, too.
(2013-06-13, 18:23)tjpoe Wrote: that worked, thanks. My only issue is that now I am having problems playing any videos over nfs, and I'll need to get into the machine to access to logs to figure out why. is there a way I can ssh into the machine? or is that off limits?
I think that might requires root access which ouya doesnt have out of the box
(2013-06-14, 03:52)tennisbgc Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 18:23)tjpoe Wrote: that worked, thanks. My only issue is that now I am having problems playing any videos over nfs, and I'll need to get into the machine to access to logs to figure out why. is there a way I can ssh into the machine? or is that off limits?

OUYA comes rooted...
(2013-06-14, 03:57)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 03:52)tennisbgc Wrote:

OUYA comes rooted...
to a certain point, I have one and if you try using an app that requires root it wont work.This article goes over that a little bit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2270589
It is trivial to root your Ouya if you're at all familiar with rooting Android devices. Once you have something like SuperSu installed, then you can side-load an SSH server and you're good to go.
I used this method on my Ouya, works fine so far.
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya Advanced Settings0