Req Pause playback when phone rings
How feasible would it be to have XBMC pause playback when the iPhone rings with an incoming call?
That's the way the android app works :p
yep <3 android but with iOS there are some limitations to "freedom": maybe a solution to accomplish the feature request can be found, but there are some limitation that an app can do with the telephony framework. And this will generate for sure a lot of angry users if not treaty very well.

From the doc: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...rence.html
If your application is active when a call event takes place, the system dispatches the event to your handler immediately. However, call events can also take place while your application is suspended. While it is suspended, your application does not receive call events. When your application resumes the active state, it receives a single call event for each call that changed state—no matter how many state changes the call experienced while your application was suspended.
(2013-06-11, 11:18)joethefox Wrote: yep <3 android but with iOS there are some limitations to "freedom": maybe a solution to accomplish the feature request can be found, but there are some limitation that an app can do with the telephony framework. And this will generate for sure a lot of angry users if not treaty very well.

From the doc: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...rence.html
If your application is active when a call event takes place, the system dispatches the event to your handler immediately. However, call events can also take place while your application is suspended. While it is suspended, your application does not receive call events. When your application resumes the active state, it receives a single call event for each call that changed state—no matter how many state changes the call experienced while your application was suspended.

I know that the Rowmote app will pause video/audio/etc whenever a phone call comes in, but is this saying that if a call comes in while the app in question is suspended, the call event will be held until the app is no longer suspended; therefore causing the call event to be sent to the app once it is active well after the call event happened? Is that the issue?
(2013-06-11, 08:50)bnevets27 Wrote: That's the way the android app works :p

Feeling a bit inferior to the Android app right now Undecided
This is a really important feature.

Without it, I always get a call while my video keeps playing in high volume and I need to quickly grab my wireless mouse/keyboard (which are always out of sight) to stop and to be able to hear myself talk Tongue

Unfortunately, it makes the possibility of simply purchasing an xbmc supported USB remote the better option, rather than using the app (which I thought has wonderfully rid me of this purchase).

Too bad! Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause playback when phone rings0