custom menu help
Hi all

I've run into a little problem with my new setup. I've got my files separated into into separate folders for movies tv shows and anime. I've then created custom menu tabs for these and everything shows up fine. My problem is that when I click on a movie it takes me to another screen which shows the file which I have to click on instead of just playing it. I have all my movies in a file called movies and then each movie has its own file labelled eith the name if the film, each folder contains the mkv and nfo files for the movie.
Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> Default select action
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-06-12, 01:43)CaptainKen Wrote: Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> Default select action

The default action is set to play
Are your movies scanned into the library? It sounds like you are accessing them in file mode and just seeing your folder structure.
sounds like you are in file mode ?
have you scraped your movies?
If so you should never get to a file in library mode - I believe you have your problem in the way you added your shortcuts.
go to movies on main screen - click that then choose a movie - should play straight away.
If you created shortcuts on main menu did you add the folders to your main menu from file mode OR did you create playlists (what you do to separate library content)
Just throwing some ideas in btw.
Maybe you could tell me how you created your shortcuts to main menu - that would help a lot
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2013-06-12, 15:53)leepenny Wrote: sounds like you are in file mode ?
have you scraped your movies?
If so you should never get to a file in library mode - I believe you have your problem in the way you added your shortcuts.
go to movies on main screen - click that then choose a movie - should play straight away.
If you created shortcuts on main menu did you add the folders to your main menu from file mode OR did you create playlists (what you do to separate library content)
Just throwing some ideas in btw.
Maybe you could tell me how you created your shortcuts to main menu - that would help a lot

Thanks, you've solved my problem. I had added the shortcut in file mode. I've set it up again as a smart playlist and it works perfectly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
custom menu help0