Req SAT>IP PVR Plugin
(2013-10-30, 20:12)negge Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 08:16)Portisch Wrote: Implementing the SAT>IP protocol will lead to shorter channel switching time.

Now XBMC is it doing this way:
-DESCRIPE
-SETUP
-PLAY
-TEARDOWN
(channel change)
-DESCRIPE
-SETUP
-PLAY
-TEARDOWN
[..]

SAT>IP do it this way:
-SETUP (format is TS)
-PLAY
-PLAY with different parameter (channel change)
[..]
-TEARDOWN

This will shorten the channel change time to the hardware limits. Most like less than one second.
Now it is around 5 seconds by the handling of XBMC.

Is this a reason??

Also in spec 1.2 DVB-T/T2 is now supported.

http://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/...on_1_2.pdf

I think the reason is that the whole PVR functionality in XBMC is built on opening a new video stream whenever you change channel. I guess the bulk of the channel change time stems from this fact.

This not correct.
@FernetMenta: thanks for the correction.
Hi,

is there meanwhile a pvr available which is supporting the SAT>IP Protocol directly ?
For the time been I'm forced to use DVBViewer Recording Service as a work around.

Thanks Nod
+1 for SAT>IP support

(2013-11-21, 18:38)tco. Wrote: is there meanwhile a pvr available which is supporting the SAT>IP Protocol directly ?
For the time been I'm forced to use DVBViewer Recording Service as a work around.
You can give my solution a try.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1597442
+1 for NOT using teardown between channel changes on PVR plugins (like DVBViewer)
Lightbulb 
Hi guys,
currently I am using TVServer 1.7 from Mediaportal as backend for my SAT-card on my Windows server. My XBMC is running on the Android device Minix X8, and it runs very well!
The bad part of TVServer is that it hangs very often and the channel switch time is not that good. So i thought to try other TV software that could do this better.

Last week I was trying DVBViewer Recording Service and NextPVR, both of them are really bad in XBMC (tried on Windows) so I was returned to TVServer again.
The bad parts are the channel switch times as described in this thread (and some strange artefacts at the tv playback, but this is another story). DVBViewer RS switches very fast (such a fast channel switch I have never seen) if I use DVBViewer Client, but not with XBMC.

As far I can see the development focus for PVR part in XBMC is increasing the last time, but the focus lies only on the GUI improvement and unfortunately not on the channel switch behaviour.
If you really want to improve the PVR part in XBMC then there is no way around to improve the channel switching and I would say this should have the highest priority in the PVR development.

The SAT>IP support is a big part to implement and it also need the fix for the setup/teardown problem. So the first step would be to fix the setup/teardown problem (that would improve the existing PVR plugins). The second step would be to implement SAT>IP if any.

So my ++++1 for the fix of the setup/teardown problem in PVR part.
(2013-06-13, 18:07)FernetMenta Wrote: I consider LiveTV == PVR. Writing an extra addon just for SAT>IP is too much work with regard on the benefit. It's much easier to write a plugin for a backend like vdr.

Slow channel switches are not caused by the backed architecture of PVR, tvheadend and vdr use their own demuxer and have quick channel switches.

It is not a big deal running the backend on the same machine as XBMC. This eliminates the need for an additional box.
You are wrong. We don't need another addon just for SAT>IP because many backends support it or we can just use IPTV Simple addon.
We need proper support of RTSP session handling for backends supporting RTSP streams (for example: DVBViewer RS and IPTV Simple addon).
And this should made at Kodi core level, not at frontend addon level.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAT>IP PVR Plugin0