Silent HTPC Build For Sale
Hi all.

A while back I spent a long long time carefully researching a HTPC build for XBMC, based around a "silent" system and a potent APU. I put the system together, but never got around to setting it up in my home theater, due to family commitments (one baby and another on the way!). It has just been sitting in my office and I have resigned myself to never having the time to get it set up as thoroughly as I had planned to (we are just using a WDTV right now). I literally only got as far as installing Windows 7 and no further. I am therefore wondering if someone would like to save some time/money and buy my system? I am listing the specs below. It really is a very quiet/silent system with the PSU and I have taken a lot of care in assembling it. Everything is like new and the only modification I had to make was the cut a square hole in the top of the Silverstone case to allow airflow to the silent PSU.The hole is covered by a magnetic Silverstone grille, supplied with the case, so it looks very neat.

Here are the specs - I will upload some pics if there is interest. I am located in San Diego, but am willing to carefully package it and ship it. Please feel free to look up the current value of these parts and make me an offer!

SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)
AMD A8-3850 APU
ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard
Scythe SCBSK-2000 Big Shuriken 2 CPU Cooler
8GB memory (will have to check part number, but I think it's Corsair brand)
Seasonic SS-460FL Silent PSU
Intel 320 Series SSD (80GB)
SANOXY® Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
How much?
Sent you a PM.
Really nice build, BTW.
Thanks! I spent a long time researching which parts to get and built a really clean system, but just don't have the time to dedicate to setting it up. Whoever buys it should be very happy!
I've taken some photos of the HTPC (note that the grille above the PSU attaches magnetically):

CLICK HERE
Bump.
try posting a price, that will help.
Sure - I was thinking of something like $400, or best offer. Plus shipping.
Bump.
Nice system and you should also post on Craig's List.
I think you might have trouble getting what you want for it here. It's a nice build, but you might have more look on Craigslist followed by eBay.
Thanks for the suggestions! Yes I was definitely planning to advertise on CL eventually - just wanted to see if there was any interest here first. Cheers!
LBBCL

(last bump before craigslist)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent HTPC Build For Sale0