How to use epggrid in a script?
XBMC12 features new control – epggrid. It is described in ViewsPVR.xml (EPGTimelineView).
However when I try to get the object using self.__epggrid = self.getControl(10) I get the error:
Error Contents: Unknown control type for python
RuntimeError: Unknown control type for python
End of Python script error report
Is there any way to use this epggrid control in my own script?
If such a possibility does not exist can someone recommend the alternative way of EPG grid implementation using xml + python?
Thanks.
I've been recently run into the same problem. As for https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/...w.cpp#L368 - there is no python alternative for epggrid control.
Do you have any progress on this?

I tried to implement my own epggrid analogue using <control type="list"> for time ruler and channels list, and set of buttons (or whatever) for the programmes, but I'm stuck on scrolling. I suspect that there is no way to handle events from scrollbars (time and channels) and get their offsets to update programmes.

Could someone please point the way to solve the problem?
Just for thouse who are looking for the solution.
There are number of python addons with custom implementations of EPG grid: script.PseudoTV, script.tvcatchup (see license), script.tvguide, script.yandex.tvguide.
The idea is to define fixed placeholders (labels, buttons) for channels and time periods in window xml and to change their labels/images dynamically depending on user actions. The programme boxes are generated using buttons with corresponding coordinates and dimensions. Scrolling implemented using full redraw of the grid and activated when focus reaches one of the grid edge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use epggrid in a script?0