help with my first HTPC build
Hey guys,

I' m looking to build my first HTPC, and I know pretty much nothing about building PCs (I' m a mac guy). So let me know if the parts I picked out even work together, and are decent.

I am trying to keep it around the $500 range.

I will be running XMBC obviously, and I would also like to play some games from time to time. I don't mind if I have to run the graphics on medium or low, so I didn't add a video card to the build.

The past couple days I' ve been searching the internet for information and heres what I' ve come up with:

Case: SilverStone Grandia Series HTPC Case
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz
MotherBoard: AS Rock PRO4-M LGA1155 Intel H77 Quad CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 A V GbE MATX Motherboard H77
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III internal Solid State Drive

Let me know if you have any suggestions to change anything.

Thanks

Justin
Looks good to me,...just remember that power supply does not come with a power cord.
Antec counts on you already having one.
(2013-06-13, 14:36)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Looks good to me,...just remember that power supply does not come with a power cord.
Antec counts on you already having one.

Awesome! Thank you.

Does this seem like it will have enough power to run some games on lower settings? Also I was thinking, incase I ever wanted to add a graphics card to help with gaming, I would be able to do that whenever, correct?
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at how well the games play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with my first HTPC build0