Bug VDR-VNSI3 0.9.1 stutters on some channels
Hi,

Fernetmenta, thanks for all your hard work in XBMC and VNSI.
Opdenkamp asked that I log this issue I'm am having here...

I quote:
[16:36] <opdenkamp> looks like an issue that i'm sometimes seeing with tvheadend too but haven't looked into it yet. the audio stream is "missing" when starting playback, video buffer goes to 100%, playback starts, and *poof* suddenly there is audio data. player then tries to sync and fails.
[16:37] <opdenkamp> tvh and vnsi use similar code here, so there's a chance there's a bug in there, or a bug in the pvrdemux code in xbmc
[16:38] <opdenkamp> some race condition most likely

Stuttering occurs on multiple vnsi clients. The ones I have tried are Openelec Generic 3.0.3 , Openelec RPi version devel-20130607055706-r14591 and also XBMC 12.2 running on Windows. All encounter the same stutter on the same channels while other channels work fine.
The stutter occurs running VDR 1.7.31 and VDR 2.0.2 with vnsiserver3 (0.9.1).

I found that compiling and installing the old vnsiserver (0.9.0) fixes the issue.

Debug log: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/18350/71099057

Any ideas?
I know there were those kind of issues in vnsi3. Those should be fixed in vnsi4.
Thanks FernetMenta.

I did manage to get the vnsiserver4 (0.9.2) compiled and installed onto the server but I had issues getting the proper vnsi4 client addons built or installed.

I run the stable Generic 32-bit version (3.0.3/5) of OpenElec (there is no 64-bit version available without building yourself). I could not build a 32-bit version of the vnsi4 client as I dont have any 32-bit machines left to build it on. There are some posted in these forums but they were either old, or they were 64-bit.

Do you know of any nightly or recent build 32-bit addons available for download somewhere?
Vnsi4 is now merged into master xbmc. Don't think it has made it into master oe yet but can be easily changed on compile. If I have time this wknd I will build one.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
opdenkamp master is not compatible with Frodo. For Frodo you need compile from this source: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-...tree/frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR-VNSI3 0.9.1 stutters on some channels0