WIP Retroplex for XBMC
(2013-07-29, 09:14)Marco275 Wrote: Another one Sad
I see alot of skin development startups, only to see them never get finished..
shame.. this would be a nice skin to use..

I need to prepare me thesis defense, begin a new work and take care of my 2 childrens. A real shame. I'd be glad to help you finish it.

The skin is almost finished. Did about 60% of what needs to be done. There is only a handful of dialogs to finish. As of now, the skin is usable imho.Not finished, but usable. Just download the ZIP from the git repo.
Really hope some other skilled skinner will pick this up. It sounds like, that if you are into skinning, it would be a very small project to close this up(correct me if i'm wrong Smile)
(2013-08-05, 08:41)TjaLfE Wrote: Really hope some other skilled skinner will pick this up. It sounds like, that if you are into skinning, it would be a very small project to close this up(correct me if i'm wrong Smile)

Indeed, it's not far from bing finished. Just create some dialogs, by following the templates (other xml dialogs) already done in the skin.
Is there a list of which dialogs needed to be done? Maybe i could learn how do make them then
Unfortunatly I lost that list while I formated my laptop. However, that's a 15 min job to re-create it.

Look at that list : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...n_Controls

and compare with the xml files inside the 720p folder of the Retroplex skin. You can omit the files relating to PVR functions (i.e. all DialogPVR*.xml files and MyPVR.xml).
Well.. not at all sure what to look for.

Can you make an example of what should be done to one of the not finished dialogs? Then maybe i can see what's needed in the rest
(2013-08-08, 10:57)TjaLfE Wrote: Well.. not at all sure what to look for.

Can you make an example of what should be done to one of the not finished dialogs? Then maybe i can see what's needed in the rest

For example, isolate 1 missing dialog. Like "DialogFileStacking.xml".

You then open up 2 files: 1- the one you'd like DialogFileStacking.xml ressemble (let's say DialogFavourites.xml) and 2- the template from another skin (i.e. DialogFileStacking.xml from skin "X").

From the 1st file, you look at the background "settings" (i.e. which include you need to put there) that are relative to the Retroplex skin and from the 2nd file, you look at what needs to be included in DialogFileStacking.xml to be operational.

Then, once you have a basic dialog, you test on XBMC by invoking the relevent Dialog.

Hope it makes sense!

---------------
In other words, cope-paste the file DialogFileStacking.xml from another skin, then tweak it to Retroplex style by looking at other dialogs from Retroplex (replacing the "good" background, the good fonts, size of the dialog, color of the labels).

The 1st Dialog will take some time, then you'll see it's more easier than you thought. The more you'll do coding, the more you'll begin to be creative.

EDIT - If you want, I can include you in the GIT repo. Then, when you commit, I can look at your Dialogs.
(2013-06-18, 18:08)hawkinsssable Wrote: I've signed up for these forums just to say thank you.
Me too, I really appreciate your work, so thanks a lot. Only a little bug, the video plugins don't appear, even if I activate in skin settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retroplex for XBMC0