Android XBMC and NFS Help Please
I have an HTPC running Frodo flawlessly and all my files are local to that HTPC. I have set up shares for the files and can view/play them on every PC in the house via WiFi. I decided to upgrade my tablet to a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and load XBMC on it from the XMBC site.

Here's where the problem starts. I add a shared folder from my HTPC via VIDEOS|FILES|BROWSE|NETWORK FILESYSTEM. I input the nfs://ipaddress/sharedfolder and it adds the folder OK. When I try to access any files in that folder it chugs away for about 2-3 minutes saying working and finally says REMOTE SHARE - COULD NOT CONNECT TO NETWORK SERVER.

The HTPC system workgroup name is specified in SYSTEM|SETTINGS|SERVICES|SMB CLIENT.

I can see the network, all the shared folders, and all the files when I use ES File Explorer. I can play videos with VPlayer. I don't understand what I may need to do to get XBMC to work properly. I didn't have any trouble setting up the HTPC on Win7, well not much. Wink

TIA for any and all help. BTW, I read over 50 pages of related (unrelated messages) before posting.
Round hole. Square peg.

NFS != SMB/CIFS. These are two different protocols. NFS is native *nix file protocol...SMB/CIFS is you guessed it - Windows oriented.

Look into options for mounting the shares on your Note using SMB/CIFS client...NFS is not what you're looking for.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2013-06-14, 07:58)thethirdnut Wrote: Round hole. Square peg.

NFS != SMB/CIFS. These are two different protocols. NFS is native *nix file protocol...SMB/CIFS is you guessed it - Windows oriented.

Look into options for mounting the shares on your Note using SMB/CIFS client...NFS is not what you're looking for.

I figured it was just a case of semantics since it defaulted to nfs without showing any other option. Changing the default nfs:// to smb:// seems to work. Maybe it should show smb as an option.

Anyway thank you.
Nowhere we Default to nfs - what do you mean?
(2013-06-15, 12:19)Memphiz Wrote: Nowhere we Default to nfs - what do you mean?

Alright, I made a mistake because I didn't scroll down to find the smb option. I just didn't notice there were scroll bars so all I saw was the Network File System option.

Later after I reinstalled the software I noticed the scroll bars and found the SMB option. The reason that I had to reinstall was because I couldn't find a way to delete the erroneous entry I made with NFS specified.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and NFS Help Please0