• 4(current)
Req Better RAW-support (pictures)
(2013-09-23, 23:03)smf007 Wrote:
(2013-09-16, 23:24)Robotica Wrote: Some memleaks in cximage by wsoltys: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3265
They are appreciated. Unfortunately for Nikon NEFs (D90), there is still a heavy memory leak somewhere in cximage.

I found some more, will open a pr once I've found time to fix them.
[
(2013-09-24, 12:30)ace20022 Wrote:
(2013-09-23, 23:03)smf007 Wrote:
(2013-09-16, 23:24)Robotica Wrote: Some memleaks in cximage by wsoltys: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3265
They are appreciated. Unfortunately for Nikon NEFs (D90), there is still a heavy memory leak somewhere in cximage.

I found some more, will open a pr once I've found time to fix them.

Great! Your fixes got merged..
Getting better! Unfortunately it's still leaking memory, just slower now.
(2013-09-28, 20:09)smf007 Wrote: Getting better! Unfortunately it's still leaking memory, just slower now.

For me the leaking isn't really an issue. When and how does this happen at your side? Stay in a listing for a while or maybe while slideshowing?
(2013-10-07, 17:45)Robotica Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 20:09)smf007 Wrote: Getting better! Unfortunately it's still leaking memory, just slower now.

For me the leaking isn't really an issue. When and how does this happen at your side? Stay in a listing for a while or maybe while slideshowing?
Generally any of these 2 when CXIMAGE is used: Thumbnail generation, Display (including slideshow). I had been able to reproduce that using Windows, Ubuntu/Linux and OpenELEC on 2 sets of hardware. JPGs don't leak (as they don't use CXIMAGE).
Thanks for explaining SMF007.

It looks like were stuck with broken RAW support for now. Only 3 things left to try to improve the situation:
1> Updating DCRAW
2> Update CXImage to version 7
3> GUI-option to disable RAW-support
(2013-10-08, 23:37)smf007 Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 17:45)Robotica Wrote:

Generally any of these 2 when CXIMAGE is used: Thumbnail generation, Display (including slideshow). I had been able to reproduce that using Windows, Ubuntu/Linux and OpenELEC on 2 sets of hardware. JPGs don't leak (as they don't use CXIMAGE).

I chechked this again and listings are quite ok now. Only in slideshows it's still leaking significant.
grr. After few hours of getting libraw to work yesterday I discovered in this thread that ace had already something cooked with libraw :/
Unfortunately I'm not much further with it. 8 bit raw images seem to work fine. with 24 bit I get wrong color and crashes probably because we use 8 bit internally and all data needs to be transformed to it. Unfortunately I can't see how much bits the original image has and the image after dcraw_make_mem_image show always 8 bit in its properties.
With the Olympus.orf sample libraw even crashes in dcraw_make_mem_image.
Looks like wasted time Sad
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad but true Sad
Another question I have is that RAW decoding is a very CPU bound proces. Anything to do to improve this slow loading?

edit: I found this commit message.
It was much faster when I used half size with libraw but still noticable. Since half size is mostly > HD I thought it would be no problem.
But doesn't help us as it won't work reliable with libraw.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2013-10-15, 22:41)WiSo Wrote: ... 8 bit raw images seem to work fine. with 24 bit I get wrong color and crashes probably because we use 8 bit internally and all data needs to be transformed to it. ...
What camera is giving you 24bit?

I notice recently 2 new alphas of libraw were released with 19 + 11 new cameras. Maybe some help for Olympus?

As for speed, I couple things I noticed in the libraw forum was that half size needs to be set prior to unpack. Additionally, there is OpenMP pragma. Just curious if the libraw libraries where compiled with OpenMP enabled.
It were some samples from here and from the sample pages posted here. I didn't tested the alpha but I used half size already which was pretty fast. I used the precompiled lib so dunno about openmp. My self compiled libraw crashed even more.
https://github.com/wsoltys/xbmc/tree/libraw
Thanks. Tried building from your repo. I have /openmp enabled in the project settings for XBMC, but it doesn't look like there was any openmp pragma in the libraw stuff in the project. Hopefully the library was compiled that way.

I now have a working build Smile Trying out a few things, I notice for my Nikon D90 NEFs that the color management is off (to be expected since we are not using it) but an over pixelated look, kind of like a smoothing filter isn't being applied. That said, it's almost a dead match for how the same image is imported into RawTherapee (linux photo editor)! So it would be a good result.

Now, I did try changing a few things. These were the image params I used:
Code:
m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.no_auto_bright = 1;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.use_auto_wb = 0;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.use_camera_wb = 1;
  //m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.half_size = 1;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.user_qual = 3;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.output_color = 1;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.green_matching = 1;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.fbdd_noiserd = 2;
  m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.use_camera_matrix = 1;
  //m_RawProcessor.imgdata.params.bright = 0.8;
Not sure though if .output_color=1 would result in a RAW with AdobeRGB being converted to sRGB colorspace.
how is support of Canon raw in Frodo?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better RAW-support (pictures)3