Live TV freezes every 10-15 minutes
I am trying to get my Live TV working in XBMC, but just can not seem to get it working correctly. I am able to get the EPG and the channels to work, but EVERY time (not an exaggeration here) the live feed gets garbled after about 10-15 minutes and then just stops working. I am then dumped back to XMBC, from there I am able to go back into the livetv and watch for another 10-15 minutes. This goes on indefinitely.

This seems to be an issue that others are experiencing too and have posted about it at the NextPVR form: [Link]

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated and if you need information from me please do not hesitate to ask!
I found the best solution was to use Windows Media center for watching live TV. I use XBMC for watching my network media content.
(2013-06-14, 20:13)wtfchuck Wrote: I found the best solution was to use Windows Media center for watching live TV. I use XBMC for watching my network media content.

Thanks for the reply, but that is not really an elegant solution. There has to be something odd going on with the plugin as it does work fine if watched from within the NextPVR client.

I used to use WMC for everything (Even wrote MovieLibraryMetaService for fetch movie data), but its lack of metadata retrieval for TV shows pushed me to XBMC. I want to eventually move my media devices to linux so depending on WMC is not something that will help me in this case.
Hey I am having this same problem, did you ever figure anything out on how to fix it?
i have a similar problem but mine just stutters for a second and then continues on.

i think its when a new .TS file is created. every so often a new file is created while watching TV live and I don't think there is enough of a buffer to cover it.
Check and make sure Timeshifting is enabled in the plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV freezes every 10-15 minutes0