Advancedsettings <pathsubstitution> not working for Userdata/database folder
I have an Ouya, and I've been trying to set it up for storing all userdata on an external drive (since it has such little internal memory).

I created an advancedsettings.xml, placed it in the userdata folder, and it is correctly redirecting Thumbnails to be saved on the external drive, but NOT the database files. myvideos.db and everything are still being saved in the default userdata folder.

Here is my debug log. Any help would be appreciated!

http://pastebin.com/NJFWDKUe

Note: for this debug log, I simply started XBMC, told it to scan the TV show folder, then quit out of XBMC.

Also note, I have not verified whether the path substitution is working for the other folders I have set up for path substitution besides Thumbnails.
Pathsubs weren't really meant to reroute big parts of XBMC, so it's likely that specific files also need to be substituted for something like that to work.

Although, you really only need to substitute the thumbnails folder, if internal memory is an issue. The databases are going to be very small, and will probably run faster using the internal memory (depending on the device, and I'm not sure about OUYA).
Ok, thank you. I read some forum posts that sounded like other people were relocating their database folder so that's why i was hoping this would work. I have a pretty huge video library, and the db files actually get pretty huge, big enough to make a dent in the 8gb storage of the ouya, so I was hoping it would work.
Old post i know, but I use an ouya. I also have my thumbnails and db on the nas. I use mysql, have you tried that? I don't see any lag

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings <pathsubstitution> not working for Userdata/database folder0