offical xbmc for ouya in the works
http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/1597/xb...evs#latest
lolwat

Why wouldn't they just submit code to the main XBMC github repo, since OUYA won't require any special code. Well, I think there's one snippet of code needed for "app sorting" reasons, or something like that, but that's actually going into the main XBMC repo as well. All three bullet points he mentions are things XBMC for Android will have. Maybe he means an OUYA specific skin?

But hey, I'm not a developer, so I'm not sure what all has been discussed between our Android devs and OUYA. It's also not uncommon for companies to do this, if only to make their own UI branding (skin, etc). It's the great thing about open source. I'm just not sure I understand the bullet points given, since that's work that is going to be done already, but that's just an organizational issue. Code can be ported to and from both their fork and our master, so everything can still benefit everyone.
(2013-06-15, 06:53)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm just not sure I understand the bullet points given, since that's work that is going to be done already, but that's just an organizational issue.
When will libstagefright integration occur?
when it's ready and not before.
(2013-06-15, 07:51)davilla Wrote: when it's ready and not before.
What is not ready about the libstagefright that has already been implemented in the fork?
It's already a pull request to be added to mainline. We have to make sure it doesn't break any other platforms that XBMC runs on, etc. An OUYA fork wouldn't need to worry about breaking other platforms. Generally speaking, there could also be code clean up, removing extra debugging that was enabled for testing, making sure it's in sync with the current code in mainline, and more.

Koying, who's been the main guy working on libstagefright, is currently traveling with his family. So you have to factor in personal life.

It could happen as soon as this next merge window in July, or it could take longer. That's why we avoid giving ETAs, because even we can't be sure :)
Can OUYA be synched via advanccedsettings.xml\ my sql? I need another tv and machine to run xbmc asap and want to link it to the others in my home.
Yes
Can I assume that I must FTP the file? It is Android SDK -is ths compatable with windows?
You can plug in the box to your PC, or just sideload a file browser of your choice and copy it from a network share. That is what I did, works perfectly...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
offical xbmc for ouya in the works0