no airplay since static ip
Ever since I assigned a static IP to my XBMCbuntu installation it does no longer show as an Airplay target on my iPad. The avahi-daemon is running, I've checked and restarted it as well. The HTPC can access the internet fine. What am I missing?
You are missing: details so we can actually do something with this.

What is the IP address / netmask / gateway for the XBMC machine, and what is the ip address / netmask / gateway for the iPad ?
What way did you use to add a static IP? How did you configure DNS ?
XBMC
ip 192.168.1.50
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns (google opendns)

iPad
ip (assigned by dhcp)
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns (by dhcp)

IP made static using these instructions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._static_IP
Today Airplay spontaneously started working again. That means it can spontaneously stop working again as well. Puzzled.
I would try setting the DNS the same.
That won't do anything important to zeroconf/bonjour. Its as always something with multicast routing/bridging ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-06-18, 10:37)Memphiz Wrote: Its as always something with multicast routing/bridging ...

As a general rule it is always better (if possible) to use your router(gateway) to fix your IP address (map the MAC address to IP). In that way your fixed IP never drops off the gateway's routing table.
+1 on that. But i ment using the same dns won't help Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no airplay since static ip0