Passwords.xml and Path Substitution
Hey,

I recently set up MySQL DB on my DiskStation for XBMC on my Apple TV 2 and Mac OS X.

I got the database up and running with the thumbnails and sources files path substituted to the server so that everything was in the one place. I tried to keep everything together so all I would have to copy is the advancedsettings.xml to any new installs.

My Apple TV was up and running fine, I used it to set up the DB. When I moved my advancedsettings.xml to my Mac install, I would get a "This file is no longer available..." error. I worked this out to be because I did not copy my passwords.xml to my Mac. I find this weird in the first place because my sources.xml contains the username/password in the source paths.

I figured I would just path substitute the passwords.xml and place it on the server alongside my Thumbnails and sources.xml so that I still only had to copy the advancedsettings.xml. When I did this XBMC crashed on both my Mac and Apple TV.

I know I can just copy the file to each userdata folder, but I much prefer it to be all organized in one place. And I still don't get why I even need the passwords.xml when the credentials are contained in the sources file...

Any help appreciated.
Matt
The credentials are not ment to be in the sources.xml for Security reasons (they would appear in the logfile this way). i guess your sources.xml is stale from an older xbmc Version where the seperation of credentials wasn't implemented yet. For the Crash we would Need a gdb backtrace.
I imagine pathsubs isn't working because passwords.xml is using a form of pathsubs itself, so that's double pathsubs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passwords.xml and Path Substitution0