Movie and TV Shows Only View Available is View: Files
Hi,

When I go to the movies list, I can press left to bring up the context menu but then I cannot change the view from anything other than Files, I've seen some videos of people freely switching the view from this menu but nothing I press changes it from files. I tried this on v. 2.6.3 from the official repo as well as 2.6.8 build from git.

I can't find any settings that will allow this to change at all. My movies are stored locally and are all in a single folder, does this affect it at all (need to be in separate folders for example)?

Thanks for the help.
Did you actually scan your movies into the Library, or are you just browsing the files in the folder? If the latter, yes, you will only get the one view. To enable the other views please scan your movies into the Library.
That's is probably the problem, without sounding like a complete moron, how do I scan movies into the library?

I have tried Going to Settings > Library > Import video library but that doesn't seem to do anything at all, and under Movies > Files > Add Files... I can only find options to connect to networked stores and I have a local HDD attached.

Appreciate the help, apologies if this has been covered some place else!
You should check the XBMC documentation. This is kinda outside the scope of the skin.

Try starting with this.
Your first step should actually be naming files: Video library/Naming files (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie and TV Shows Only View Available is View: Files0