Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
Video 
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script

Plays random trailers from the following sources:
  • Users Movie Library
  • User Specified Folder
  • Apple iTunes
  • You Tube (from themoveidb.org)
  • Mulitple (any or all of the above combined)

This addon can also be launched as a program manually, (Screensaver does not have to be enabled)
Unlike a standard screensaver mouse move and key press do not exit while trailer is playing.

While the trailer is playing you have a few options.
  • Press ENTER or SELECT to play movie of current trailer (Library Only).
  • Press Q to add current trailer to CouchPotato
  • Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide (Library Only).
  • Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
  • Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
  • Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit

watch gallery

how-to install this add-on:

Version 1.1.16 is available to Install from XBMC Official Repo, find it under Programs.

Or get latest test version from my git repo at https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers and install from Zip File.

Restart XBMC Before using screensaver as it uses a service that starts up with XBMC.

Change Log
v.1.1.16 (April 02,2014)
- fixed issue causing crash on startup for some users.

v.1.1.15 (March 08,2014)
- fixed issues with rating limits with unrated movies.
- now pauses trailer when displaying info
- transparent background for info shows dimmed paused trailer.

v.1.1.14 (March 06,2014)
- optimized trailer search on tmdb when rating limits applied
- fixed issue where search count not displaying correctly for tmdb searches

v.1.1.13 (March 03,2014)
- updated filter feature to filter by rating limit for all trailers (previously only iTunes trailers were filtered)

v.1.1.12 (February 12, 2014)
- added feature to play trailers in groups of n with x amount of delay between. Option is set in common settings.

v.1.1.11 (February 10, 2014)
- added feature to tmdb trailers to play only New DVD Releases (List from RottenTomatoes / Flixter)

v.1.1.10 (February 07, 2014)
- fixed issue causing library trailers not to play

v.1.1.9 (February, 05, 2014):
- fixed issue causing crash when movie has non ascii standard characters in title.

v.1.1.8 (January, 11, 2014):
- added ability to play trailers from You Tube. Trailers are located using themoviedb.org.
- added CouchPotato integration, while watching trailer pressing Q puts current movie in you CouchPotato Queue.

v.1.1.7 (January, 5, 2013) :
- added feature to display trailer info for iTunes trailers.
-cleaned up and optimized code
-moved hide info option from library to general settings

v.1.1.6 (December 31,2013) :
- added feature to select tyep fo traielrs form iTunes, Coming Soon, Just Added, Most Popular, Exclusive and All

v.1.1.5 Decembeor 30,2013
- added feature to filter iTunes trailers. you can filter by selected genre(s), and by rating limit. so only play family movies that are rated G for example.

v.1.1.4 December 29,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from multiple sources.

v.1.1.3 December 28,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from Apple iTunes.

v.1.1.2 December 26, 2013
- added feature to adjust volume during trailer playback

v.1.1.1 December 09, 2013
- removed font changes

v.1.1.0 (November 27, 2013)
- updates for gothum compatibility
- added ability to play trailers from a folder rather than the users library
- fixed issue where number of trailers incorrect if hide watched movies selected.
- trailers will now not repeat until all trailers have been played.
- fixed issue where trailers would start playing while music is playing

v.1.0.12 (November 25, 2013)
- added feature if movie title hidden pressing m displays the title for 2 seconds

v.1.0.11 (November 25, 2013)
- added option to hide movie title when playing
- removed malfunctioning password options

v.1.0.9 (july 26, 2013) :
- localized strings for dialogs

v1.0.8 (July 25, 2013) :
- added option to force full screen

v1.0.7 (June 16, 2013) :
- merged program, service and screensaver into one addon
- added option to set number of trailers to 0 for continous playback.

v1.0.6 (June 14, 2013) :
- added arrow controls for remotes without keyboards
UP = show info
DOWN = hide info
RIGHT = next trailer
LEFT = exit trailers

v1.0.5 (June 12, 2013) :
- fixed module import issues. fixed font issues

v1.0.4 (June 10, 2013) :
- improved movie information screen
- added feature and setting to exclude recently watched movies from trailers. Set to number of days after movie
has been played before including in trailers

v1.0.3 (June 4, 2013) :
- added setting to hide movie info during playback of trailer
press I during playback of trailer to toggle info display

v1.0.2 (June 3, 2013) :
- added feature to allow playing movie of currently playing trailer by pressing enter while trailer is playing
- added feature to allow user to press esc to exit, or X to quit trailer but play remaining.

v1.0.1 (May 30, 2013)
- added option to not ask for genre filter

v1.0.0 (May 27, 2013) :
- initial release, includes opitons for selecting genre, nubmer trailers, and to display open and close animation.
-ken Z-
Works great, thanks! Smile
Nice work!
Looks great!

This is obviously not exactly what you were going for, but would it be possible to use this screensaver while music is playing? I'm thinking instead of playing trailers, to have it play other video files (Fireplaces, Aquariums, etc) while listening to music. (Disable visualizations in XBMC, and use the screensaver while playing music instead). I imagine XBMC does not support playing music and video at the same time.

Anyway just a thought!
Is there a way to point this to a specified folder where I have my trailers saved for use with Cinema Experience?
Not currently, I am thinking about creating an option where the user could select a folder containing trailers and then play them randomly.
-ken Z-
I like your theme, what's the name of this theme? Thank you
Can someone please tell me how to fix this... I recently installed this screen saver it works fine but tried disabling it and it wouldn't stop. I went as far as uninstalling it and it's still playing trailers. How do I get it to stop?
(2013-09-22, 03:42)purpulhaze Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to fix this... I recently installed this screen saver it works fine but tried disabling it and it wouldn't stop. I went as far as uninstalling it and it's still playing trailers. How do I get it to stop?

I have never seen this happen, the only way it should start playing trailers is if you have it set as a screen saver. Try changing to another screeen saver. Also make sure you uninstall from services, programs and screensavers. Uninstalling any one should remove the others but obviously something is not quite rite.

If all else fails to to your userdata/addons folder and delete the random.trailers folder.
-ken Z-
I tried another screen saver and it would do play the other for a few seconds then random trailers again. I think i got it to stop by deleting the screensavers.radomtraiers folder. Wow, spoke too soon it's still starting up.
This is amazing, thank you! I've been waiting years for something just like this. Is there any way to disable the movie title up in the top left corner?
(2013-11-25, 05:04)noahE Wrote: This is amazing, thank you! I've been waiting years for something just like this. Is there any way to disable the movie title up in the top left corner?

Just submitted an update to add an option in settings to Hide Movie Title.

The addon should update in a few days when the change get pushed to the official Repo.
-ken Z-
(2013-11-25, 19:03)kzeleny Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 05:04)noahE Wrote: This is amazing, thank you! I've been waiting years for something just like this. Is there any way to disable the movie title up in the top left corner?

The addon should update in a few days when the change get pushed to the official Repo.

NO WAY!! you are amazing. Thank you so much. I am literally watching trailers right now, bringing life back into movies that I haven't visited in a while.
(2013-11-25, 19:33)noahE Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 19:03)kzeleny Wrote:

NO WAY!! you are amazing. Thank you so much. I am literally watching trailers right now, bringing life back into movies that I haven't visited in a while.

In case your interested, I added a feature that when the movie title is hidden, you can now press m and it will display the title for 2 seconds. It helps me when I cannot remember the name of the movie for the trailer I am watching. Lets me do a quick check without interrupting the trailer like pressing I for info does.

You will need to download and install from my GIT repository here
-ken Z-
Just added a feature to play trailers from a specified folder rather than library. Also fixed some issues with gotham, and trailers will now not repeat until all are played.

Download from GIT for now.
-ken Z-
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1